Repost: Barrett-Jackson auto auction in Phoenix

Seeing so many Mustangs from the 60s and 70s, some that have been modified, makes me realize how retro the new Mustangs really are. Mustangs still have the look!

Dick

Reply to
dickr2

Pretty good show this year. Amazing how the old pick-ups are heating up, and the big old Caddys, Mercs, Chryslers..........Man those things are cool!

Reply to
GILL

So many of the cars have been priced right out of reach for the average person, but trucks are pretty plentiful and cheap. Even the Mustang IIs and Pintos are hot.

Reply to
D E Willson

Maybe tax breaks for the wealthy would increase employment. They could hire more lackeys to keep their cars shined up. Aargh!

Dick - 84 Capri RS 5.0

Reply to
dickr2

And, if I had 200-300K to spend on a nasty vintage Mustang that's never been driven on the street, I'd drive it home through the rain and road salt and then take it to the local car wash. Antiques, coins, stamps and many other items are for collectors - cars are meant to be driven!

Dick in MN

Reply to
dickr2

Yup, if I had the money to spend I'd piss-off more then one trailer queen owner.

Reply to
Zombywoof

And prices are going down, way down.

Reply to
Zombywoof

HAve you watched any of the recent auctions? A lot of collector cars are now below what the latest & greatest version of them cost new. A Cuda just went off the block at a price I could actually afford.

Reply to
Zombywoof