saleen s351

Hi, Has anyone actually driven a 1995-7 Saleen S351? I would like to know what it is like to have 500hp is such a small car :-)

Reply to
Dick Ginther

How about this. This is my partners car.

Just download the video :)

-- Admin

a Free State Of The Art Ford Mustang Member Page!Admin's Profile:
this thread:

Admin

It's a rare thing for people to actually download anything that an "anonymous" user posts.....Why, because it could indeed contain malicious coding. Also, just an a further FYI, commercial advertising is not allowed on this news group per it's charter, so once your sites are up and running, time to remove your links from your sig line here. Kind of like all of us coming in to your home and telling your guests that there is a party going on across the street (if you catch my drift)............

Yours In Fords,

Bill S.

Adm> How about this. This is my partners car.

View this thread:

Bill S.

Bill, it is up and running. It's just that nobody's posting there.

Scott W. '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

Actually, Bill, please dont go to that site. Thank you.

I have all the users I need, in about 60 days.

Don't you worry about that Mr. Bill. :)

-- Admin

a Free State Of The Art Ford Mustang Member Page!Admin's Profile:
this thread:

Admin

Oh and one more thing Genius, I have never seen anyone put any malicious code into a windows media file, a video at that.

Sheer genius.

Bill S. wrote:

-- Admin

a Free State Of The Art Ford Mustang Member Page!Admin's Profile:
this thread:

Admin

I thought about my response before I posted.

Bill, first off that link I posted is a video clip, windows media file. No malicious code is embeded in a video.

Actually the video clip is my partners Saleen S7 at his shop, nothing more.

Bill, if you want to go spam my 4 day old under construction website, be my guest, thats your choice.

I happen to like this NG, have been coming here for quite some time, and will continue to do so.

I have never, ever, picked a fight with anyone, dereclimated anyone, or defemated anyone's character on this NG.

With that said, Bill I do not have any ill feeling with or towards you, you do not know me.

-- Admin

a Free State Of The Art Ford Mustang Member Page!Admin's Profile:
this thread:

Admin

Kind of like pissing in someone else's living room don't you think.

Put yourself in my shoes for a moment, if a user came in here and posted as anonymously as you try to, then wanted people to download off a web site, would you trust them? Then again, with today's tracking technology, I don't understand why people just don't post as themselves. What are you afraid of, or what are you really trying to hide by doing so. Don't you realize that when you do your credibility goes right down the toilet, in your case right now, I guess not. As for malicious code in a WMV file, I guess your not as smart as I thought you were, as this is quite common these days. The coding is out there, and so easy to use a 12 year old could add it in........Finally, as for your "I have all the users I need, in about 60 days.", funny, but your own records show just the opposite right now.........Think about this as you stew away thinking about your next dry witty comeback....Just how many different privately run Mustang related internet chat forums do we really need??????

Just my own two cents worth, as I call it like I see it................

Have a nice day.....

Bill S.

Adm> I thought about my response before I posted.

View this thread:

Bill S.

Actually Bill, like I said, you do not know what your talking about.

The algorithim doesnt allow destructive code in a wmv, period.

As far as posting anonymously, thats the way this script runs, its not my fault, it just happens. The name on here is the name I use on my board, period.

I can see your looking for something, but, its just not there Bill.

The board made the post, and it posts my name accordingly, thats just how it works.

I haven't lost any credability, I haven't done anything.

My records at the moment, put me at less that 3 users per day, you are correct Bill.

As for private mustang chat forums. I have no idea how many we need. I like the one we are building, and the services we are building, and the fact that they are not allowing banners etc.

Not sure what to tell you Bill.

I don't care if people download that video clip or not to be honest Bill. I've ridden, and driven almost every mustang ever made, and I just happened to see someone posting a comment questioning one, so I posted.

Bill, I think, your the one that is angry. I am not sure why. I do not know you, nor have time for you, you definitely dont make me money :)

Remember Bill, that site gets 3 visitors per day right now. And you know what, who cares. But remember, 3.

-- Admin

Admin

Well, we have most certainly gotten off on the wrong foot.

First we'll start with the basic WMV format tag line. See the attached url for details of what I was talking about:

Could your file be something like this???? Again, put yourself in our shoes.................

Now, whether you use, Red hat, Windoz, Mac, or Unix (any flavor) does not matter, the program you use to post on this newsgroup allows customization of the user name and such. Your contention "thats the way this script runs, its not my fault, it just happens. The name on here is the name I use on my board, period." just does not hold water here. Sorry......

In closing, while I do not know you, and you most certainly do not know me, you must realize that this news group is not meant as a platform for promotion of one's business enterprises......This is written in to the charter to keep the group clean and running smoothly. I do hope you plan to respect it.......................

Bill S. RAMFM "coordinator on record"

Adm> Actually Bill, like I said, you do not know what your talking about. >

Reply to
Bill S.

Bill, we did get off on the wrong foot.

I have seen you butting heads with many people on this NG.

My site is not a business.

I am no longer interested in arguing with you, not even arguing, really nothing more than an intellectual battle based on ambiguis gibberish.

Its not even on the main topic anymore. It's nothing more than a confrontation to see who looks more in control.

Bill, you do your thing, and I will do mine. And I will do mine. I hearby acknowledge that we agree to disagree.

No further discussion as per this thread.

-- Admin

Admin

Speaking of which how did the Saleen S351 stack up against the Cobra R from '95?

-Nick

Reply to
Nicholas D

Reply to
Bill S.

Yes it does especially when its coded into a differnt codec making the user go get that codec. Not trying to give an kiddies ideas here but you can take a video and make a virus then turn that virus into some special codec and format the video into that. when someone gets the video then it wont play and Windows media goes outs and gets the codec bam it now has the virus.

Reply to
John Wiebalk

Really? You don't pay much attention then. There have been a recent (and also not-so-recent) flurry of people exploiting the fact that you can make a windows media file make a call to an outside web-browser. So when you open the video it opens up a webpage with malicious code. I believe there are even exploits that can use this "feature" to make calls to outside programs other than web-browsers.

Reply to
Phyrestang

Reply to
Johnny K