Satelite Radio

My 04 Mustang has a Mach 460 radio (made by Visteon) that has a [SAT] button. I understand this is for Satellite Radio like Sirius or MX Radio but, my question is about the [SAT] button. Does that mean that it has a satellite radio receiver build in? Meaning, you just have to sign up for the service and there is nothing to buy. Or does it have another function.

MG

Reply to
Mr.~G.

From what I understand, you have to buy an additional unit that connects to the main head unit, and this button will switch to that unit to allow all the regular controls to control the Sat radio instead. Not sure if it is XM or Sirius. Nothing is built in and, in fact, this unit costs more than the Sat units you can buy from either XM or Sirius. Also, this button only works with their Sat radio. You cannot get one of the cheaper units from Sirius or XM, and expect it to plug into the main unit and be used by this button.

Reply to
Robert A. Plourde Jr.

Robert is quite right... I have installed a couple of these units in Explorers. The term PITA comes to mind. Upside is that there is no extra unit hanging on the dashboard and the whole readout is on the radio display.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I have a 2002 with the Mach 460 and my radio doesn't have a SAT button. I wish it did so I could get the extra unit and use that for sat. Right now, I am using the JVC sat unit for Sirius and it just sits on the side of the emergency brake. Not the best solution but it works.

Reply to
Robert A. Plourde Jr.