Getting Sirius radio installed

The MACH 1000 radio says that it is Sirius Satellite capable. Anyone know how much this would run to get it installed at the dealer?

The Billy

Reply to
The Billy

Don't know about the cost, but the stations you get are awsome.

Reply to
Larry

I think it is only compatible if the radio has a button that says SAT....not postive on this but it is definitely worth checking out.

James

Larry wrote:

Reply to
James Fowler

Basically all you have to do is add the tuner and antenna. The tuner will just plug into the back of the head unit.

You don't HAVE to do it at the dealer unless you want to pay more for it.

You can go to a circuit city or best buy and have them do it. I have seen "stealth" installations of the antenna where it could be placed on the rear deck inside instead of the roof on alot of cars, including new Ponies. If the antenna is put on the roof or trunk and the antenna isn't painted to match the car's color, this can look real unsightly, plus it's kind of conspicuous , prompting extra scrutiny by a potential thief. Best Buy and Circuit City have A LOT more experience in installing these systems than the dealer, that's for sure.

It's up tp you, though. Sirius is great.

Reply to
Frank

Question. As far as you know, can XM be installed in that spot on the head unit instead of Sirius?

The Billy

Reply to
The Billy

XM has come out with a product XM Direct that will work with Sirius-ready headunits. XM is a far better service IMO; but you have to have some kind of Blitzsafe adapter to use XM Direct.

Check out XMFAN.com. There are people there who can answer any question you have.

Reply to
D Ray

Reply to
cobra boy

But with cable TV you pay to watch commercials. With Sirius the music channels are commercial free and you can download all you want for free.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe

Correction; With cable TV you pay to watch commercials, and the commercials fund the programming. With Sirius the commercials are cut out and YOU pay for it ALL the programming.

Rein

Which is why I only pay for cable (TV and Comcast). That way I can record movies commercial free and download music and burn CD's without commercials. And with a 6-disc in-dash changer, it takes a while before any of the music gets old for me.

Reply to
Greg B.

Not all of them are commercial free.

Reply to
CigManXFls

The Only Ford radios that are Sirrius compatible, are the ones with a SAT button..................there are no exceptions to this rule as of the '04 year model.............and none of the '03 cars came with it. However, if you are clever and buy a JY radio for your 'o3 mustang , that has the SAT button, you can add it as long as your JY radio is a match for the rest of the system..................Mach or not, and such.

If any questions come up regarding this stuff feel free to decipher my EMail addy , and place your request. I will do any research necessary for an answer If I do not already have the info...............I'm that guy that does Ford Factory Authorized audio video repairs, on lot at 8 of the Dallas Area dealerships.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

don't, it's its.

likewise yours

Rein

Junk Yard

Sorry, I deal mostly online with VW folks and do the Ford stuff for a living.Us folks with VW's have been around forever and are familiar with the places we call Junk Yards.

LOL

I guess the proper word for this place would be "used parts dealer"