SIRIUS Satellite Radio in Explorer Yet?

My brother wants to purchase a new '04 Explorer or Mountaineer with SIRIUS satellite radio. Actually, he'd prefer XM radio, but I understand that Ford has adopted the SIRIUS format. I don't see any vehicles out there with it, so I am assuming it's not yet available. When will this be available for new factory orders???

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

From what I understand, it's not going to come from the factory with that installed. It will be a dealer-installed option. So if you see any on the new car/truck sales lot with it installed, it's been installed by that or the prior dealership.

Reply to
Tim

Yes, I understand that exactly. THE POINT of my post is that my understanding is that the factory radio needs to be READY for the dealer-installed SIRIUS unit in order for it to work as an "integrated" unit. My question is: Are the factory radios in all '04 Explorers, indeed, ready for this dealer-installed unit, or will those "new" radios not be ready from the factory until some point in the future???????

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

Just thinking here.......... what if the unit that is "Sirius Ready" is a whole new head-unit to be installed with the rest of the equipment?

Reply to
Tim

That IS possible...that the radio is a swap. I just wish someone knew WHAT it is. The dealers either have no clue or are purposely being vague because they can't deliver the goods.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer