Thanks fellas, Gary '88 GT

Reply to
Gary

#1 - Scan the computer for codes to see what it's thinking.

#2 - Why the hell are you under 2500 RPM in 2nd gear at the track? If you're shifting out of first that early, you're hurting yourself.

Just my guesses. My '88 LX doesn't seem to pull very smoothly under 2500 RPM either and it has almost the exact same amount of miles (73,000), new O2 sensors, and a functioning TPS set at 0.95V.

JS

Reply to
JS

I don't do this at the track, just on the street. At the track I'm shifting around 5000. I had the codes scanned at Autozone and they told me their scanner doesn't read everything. Guess I'll head to the dealership for a real read on the codes.

Gary

Do you have any pics of your LX?

Reply to
Gary

Not at the moment. Someone stole my Cobra, which had my digital camera in it, and when I got the Cobra back the next day, the digital camera was gone. Thus, I have no means.

It's a medium blue '88 LX notchback, the options being air conditioning and rear defrost. Came stock with no radio, no power windows, no power locks, no tilt wheel, no power mirrors, no sunroof. The original owner (whom I bought it off of) had put in his own stereo but kept the radio delete plate.

Reading the codes yourself isn't a very hard proposition. Searching the Corral and places like that will let you know how to do it. You can't use the check engine light method though unless you have a California '88 car. If I had more time I'd explain to you how to read the codes, but time's pretty short lately.

Do you have pics of your GT? I had an '88 GT once. Dark red + silver two-tone. Not a bad lil ride. Cam, injectors, throttle body, intake, MAF conversion. 2.73's and a dead trac-lok killed it though.

JS

Reply to
JS