Seeking help/info from Ottawa

Hey everyone,

Summer is pretty much here and the Mustang Convertible needs to come out.

Unfortunately she has been burning some oil (a lot of oil) so I'm guessing the piston rings and such.

Anyone know someone local to the Ottawa area that rebuilds engines and does a great job? I've heard of crosstown in Toronto, anyone have any experience?

BTW...about 1L/500km is what she's burning :( I drove the car from Ottawa to Kitchener/Waterloo last year and had to drop 2L into the engine (1L on the way there and 1L on the way back).

Thanks in advance, Marc

Reply to
Marc

I guess I should have mentioned...5.0L HO 1988 Convertible. :) The engine only has 160,000km on it.

Reply to
Marc

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:23:22 -0700, Marc rearranged some electrons to say:

Are you sure it's burning and not leaking? You can tell by the presence or absence of a large cloud of blue smoke in your rear view mirror.

Reply to
david

quoted text -

Yeah...on my way back from Kitchener/Waterloo last year there was a point where the poor fellow behind me disappeared (behind the cloud)...I hope his windows were shut :)

Thanks, Marc

Reply to
Marc

Although a bit late to this party, I'd recommend tracking down Buzz Haze in Ottawa. He should know who to go to. I don't have a current email for him, but he can be found all over the Ottawa drags message boards:

Steve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Since we're takling Mustangs in Ontario... can anyone suggest a good resto-mod place in the Toronto area?

Looking to take my '65 6-cylinder and redo her with a late model Mustang V8 5-speed.

Any recommendations within 40-50k of Toronto would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
notmyemail

Did you try John at Classic Cougar and Mustang.

905-669-4494 Near Keele and 7. Else he might know some> Since we're takling Mustangs in Ontario... can anyone suggest a good
Reply to
FalconGuy

Do they do restoration work? I checked them out for parts many - like

22 years ago - and they seemed more interested in 67 and up musclecars.

Oh, and by 40-50k I meant kilometres! ;-)

I don't plan on spending that kind of dough on this car.

Thanks.

Reply to
notmenoway

Reply to