Sequential turn signals

Anyone here have a recommendation on sequential turn signals for my 03 GT?

There are a number of companies doing the pre-wired kits (like those at webelectric.com or partshopper.com). I think they look pretty slick and I like the idea of getting a prewired kit instead of screwing up the wiring myself.

Thanks for any input.

Reply to
Kenny

Plug for Tim AKA Musttanguy:

Only $86 shipped...

Reply to
Garth Almgren

That would actually be

I would highly recommend the WebElectric sequential turn signal kit. I am a distributor of these and have been involved in their evolution to be the best kit available in both ease of install and cost hands down. There are several features that make it the best such as an exclusive connector to convert the inner light to dual filament (no cutting and replacing as with other kits), module now mounted inside to protect from elements,optimal flash rate, LIFETIME warranty, and complete customer service from both a technical aspect to install.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

evolution to be the

exclusive connector

replacing as with

elements,optimal flash

Questions...

¿What happens when one or two tail light bulbs burn out? ¿What is the front turn signal doing while the rear is flashing 1-2-3? ¿Does all three tail lights per side light up as brake lights?

I've considered purchasing the non pre-wired sequential tail light kit. I just haven't decided which company/product I will get.

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

A) If a bulb were to burn out it would simply skip that bulb and flash without it. B) The delay in timing really doesn't show in the front light or the dash indicator lamp, it really doesn't look any different than stock. C) The brake lights will do a VERY quick sequence outward and remain on.

Do check around and compare, I would also recommend searching Mustang website forums for sequential turn signals and see what others say. WebElectric has the best deal. If you have little to moderate abilities. install won't be a problem with the kit as it is VERY easy to install.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy
** Anyone here have a recommendation on sequential turn signals for my 03 GT?

See Tim at

He set me up with a sequential TSkit that is top drawer a couple of years ago, and it has worked FLAWLESSLY,and was very easy to install in a couple of hours. BTW Tim: thanks again!

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

I couldn't agree more, I bought mine from Pony Performance. Great customer service, they had good instructions with the kit and were easy to install, and the cost was very reasonable. Dennis Black 03 GT

Reply to
Dennis

I got the ones from

also. Very sweet kit, went in easy, and it looks great.

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan Talso

Thanks all for the replies.

I've ordered the ones from Web Electric Products.

Patiently waiting, Kenny :)

2003 GT Convertible (That's about to get a little cooler).
Reply to
Kenny

One way to tell a good design from a bad design, is what it does for braking.

A poor design will sequence the tail lights while brak> Anyone here have a recommendation on sequential turn signals for my 03 GT?

Reply to
Walt

Reply to
Michael Seeley

Only 1 factory wire being cut, VERY simple to replace back to stock.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy
** One way to tell a good design from a bad design, is what it does for braking. ** ** A poor design will sequence the tail lights while braking too. IMHO, that looks ** rather odd. A good design will allow you to NOT sequence the tail lights while ** just braking.

Good point. The kit I got from Tim sequences the taillamps when braking, turn-signaling and 4-way flashing. The timing is perfect, and they don't flash faster or slower than stock. The modules are weatherproof, and are so small that hiding them inside the taillight buckets is a snap.

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

while just >braking.

Not true, The kits vary in quality, all depends upon the parts used and the R&D that has gone into them. Its the small things in addition to quality parts that make a good kit, for example the inner lamp conversion connectors that no one else uses (yet, until they copy this kit) instead of cutting and patching in a new socket. Another item is the placement of the modules, most kits are still placing them on the rear of the taillight out in the elements. The WebElectric kit places them INSIDE the truck. The kit CAN be wired up at the turn signal switch which would prevent the quick

1 time sequence when brake lights are applied but most feel this is not neccesary.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Actually.... whether the lights sequence during braking has nothing to do with design quality, only features provided. I agree that it looks odd to see sequencing brake lights, but some people like that look. I have seen units that provide a choice, but the cost is about 3x the units discussed here.

I guess for most people it doesn't matter, since we never see our own brake lights working! :-)

Reply to
Mustang_66

The sequencers can be made to work independantly of the brakes by running wires from the rear where the module is to wires up under the dash bypassing the brake signal. The instructions are locatesd on the manufacturers web site.

Reply to
WraithCobra