Shelby Mustang GT

I hear that the $80,000 to 120,000 price tag these folks pt on their new Eleanor's is highly negotiable. Perhaps it should be?

SouthTexas

I'd pay 40k --max-- for one.

And then I'd take a long, hard look at a 2004 Cobra before buying a GT-500E

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Take one 67-68 fastback body(say $6,500 for a nice running car), add in $3,500 in body panels, 45-55 hours of bodywork and labor at say $65/hr or $3,575, $5,000 worth of suspension upgrades and parts, another $5,500 for the 351W385hp Ford crate engine most of these will be using. $5,000 for the paint job itself.....Total

$29,075

All prices above are quoted in retail, not wholesale. I do not know of any of these that have actually sold to a private entity. Museums, businesses for promotions, yes, and at greatly reduced prices I'm sure..................

Bill S.

SouthTexas wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

"Bill S." wrote

You left out the GT 500E's secret ingredient: Caroll Shelby's imprimatur. Considering that in his world everything is for sale, I wonder how much he'd charge the shade tree hobbyist for a "Shelby" serial number. $5,000 would probably do it.

Regarding the actual sales of these GT 500E's, I have it from reliable sources that the builder is behind on its accounts payable, a pretty good indication that there are few if any takers at MSRP or at all.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

He only charges $100 for his signature. Anything else with his name on it (like the Shelby Tribute Mustangs), but not produced by his company, is a waste of money in my book...............

Bill S.

180 Out wrote:
Reply to
Bill S.

Reply to
David E. Willson

Funny, but that same car was back in the SAI showroom the next week, and marked for sale again. The bidding at the auction was a slimy way to try and "create" a market for this vehicle..............

Bill S.

David E. Wills> Saw an Elanor clone (not even used in the movie) go for 180K+ at

Reply to
Bill S.
"

Ouch he sure didn't buy it for an investment,as much as like American cars I would buy a rare European car for that kind of money.

Reply to
Matthew B. Tepper