OMG, I hope nobody actually falls for this!

This guy sounding like this is the most perfect clone of a '66 Shelby out there, except it's a coupe! DUH! And it has the extremely rare A code motor in it, but he then admits it's actually a 302!, again, DUH!

Yes, I know he admits it's not the real thing, but COME ON! At least if he's gonna scam somebody, get the right bodystyle!

Scott W '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

lol he put floor mats as one of the details

John Wiebalk

"John Wiebalk" wrote in a message:

Hehehehe...He also listed fog lamps as another feature, but there were none in the photos. I guess he thought the turn signals were fog lamps. Also, what's with the Cobra emblems on the fenders behind the original Mustang emblems, and the Cobra S/S on the horn button? Maybe he thought those would raise the value a couple extra thou. NOT!!!!

I agree, if he was building a Shelby clone, he could have at least started with the correct body style, and done it correctly.

Reply to
GEB

Crappy replica, but still a nice lookin ride !

Chief Wiggum

Why can't people just sell these as "1966 mustang resto-mod". I would think that would get the people who'd want to buy a car modified like this to take a look.

It's a shame those shelby stripes are on the car. It just makes it look stupid. Take off the GT 350 rocker molding stripes along with the snake badges and this car would be a nice resto mod by the looks of it.

Reply to
Brent P

He calls that leather? Looks like vinyl to me....

John Del Wolcott, CT

"Nothing is so opportune for tyrants as a people tired of its liberty." Alan Keyes

(remove S for email reply)

Reply to
John Del

I think thats a play on the Crager S/S wheels on the car. Dave

90 GT Conv. AOD Flowmasters K&N front end crunched 00 GT Conv. AOD Flowmasters Yes, Both are blue !
Reply to
Dave

Those would be the "all chrome wheels," I know it's nit-picking but geez "all chrome?" Silly me, I thought that chrome was applied to a base metal... I never knew they could make wheels *entirely* out of chrome. ;-P

bill

64.5: 260, 3 sp, a/c, SVO cam, Performer, Holley 390, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq D's

66: '93 5.0, C4, a/c, ps, Performer RPM, Holley 600, Pertronix, bench seat

Colt SP1,Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill

I couldn't resist sending this guy an email about his car. I think he actually believes it to be all that he says it is. My guess is that he bought in to that lie when HE bought the car. Its a sad, sad, thing and I just feel pity for the boy.

Reply to
Mustang_66

I thought that at first. Until I started reading about what he did to it recently, then I changed my mind. But it still could be the case.

Reply to
Brent P

recently, then I changed my mind. But it still could be the case.<

Maybe he thought he really had something special and no expense was too great! I know what $$$ I've got into my '66, I also know that its just a great '66 coupe, thats special and "rare" to me...

Reply to
Mustang_66