SN 95 brake pad query

at 13 Oct 2003, Tungsten [ snipped-for-privacy@nospamramfm.org] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

NIce set! may be worth getting. Hey, Christmas is coming after all isn't it? *wink*

Thanks for the advice! I've jotted these brands down and will be looking for them...

Reply to
Paul

at 13 Oct 2003, Tungsten [ snipped-for-privacy@nospamramfm.org] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

NIce set! may be worth getting. Hey, Christmas is coming after all isn't it? *wink* Harbor freight sells it as well I believe and they have a store here in Tampa. I found this on their site:

Thanks for the advice! I've jotted these brands down and will be looking for them...

Reply to
Paul

at 13 Oct 2003, Tungsten [ snipped-for-privacy@nospamramfm.org] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

NIce set! may be worth getting. Hey, Christmas is coming after all isn't it? *wink* Harbor freight sells it as well I believe and they have a store here in Tampa. I found this on their site:

Thanks for the advice! I've jotted these brands down and will be looking for them. I just checked PF's website and it appears they do make them for the Mustang rear. :-( Not to badly priced at AutZone either, $41 for the pair. Found an online source for $36 but would have to add shipping so it would probably be more expensive...

Reply to
Paul

One source is:

I'm sure they're a bit cheaper if one shops around.

Just don't tell her you used her favorite juice glass to squirt brake fluid in, and you'll be fine.

Not to worry; one only bleeds master cylinders when one replaces a master cylinder.

Yep, you got it. When the new, clear fluid comes out, you're done. Start with the rears if you can, and be sure to keep feeding new fluid into the master cylinder while you're working.

-JD

_________________________________ JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http://207.13.104.8/users/jdadams Please note: UCE is deleted at the ISP server level. Unless your address is on my 'accept list', your mail will never reach me. See my website for more information.

Reply to
JD Adams

Reply to
<memset

at 13 Oct 2003, JD Adams [ snipped-for-privacy@Softcom.Net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

*grinning* I won't be that stupid, I'll just use a throwaway container out of the recycle bin. :-) Better for my health.

Ahhhh! That clears that up. Stupid question, do I leave the cap of the brake fluid reservoir while bleeding and her pumping the brake? I don't want to find out the hard way my suspicion that when I do that I may have brake fluid coming out. :-) But if I don't won't I get a vacuum?

That sounds logical, the rears have the longest hoses, so the most fluid in them. If I start front I fear old fluid will come back from there...

Thanks JD!

Reply to
Paul

I normally leave the master cylinder cap off while filling/bleeding the lines. It won't squirt out or anything; no need to run the engine while bleeding the brakes either. When you're done, just fill -er up and button the cap down, and you're done.

De nada. Let us know how it goes. This is actually much easier done than said.

-JD

_________________________________ JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http://207.13.104.8/users/jdadams Please note: UCE is deleted at the ISP server level. Unless your address is on my 'accept list', your mail will never reach me. See my website for more information.

Reply to
JD Adams

JD,

What size are those Powerslot rotors? That page doesn't say.

Thanks.

Reply to
C. Olofsson

Um...I'm no expert on anything, but wouldn't it stand to reason that if you start slotting and drilling rotors for brakes that you would be removing surface area from the rotor that could be used in the slowing/stopping a vehicle? Granted, they look cool and still do work, but I'd rather have a solid rotor for my pads to grab.

Reply to
Greg B.

I think somebody posted saying it kept 'em cooler or something. Like heat could escape. I dunno. hehe. I probably shouldn't have even posted. *doh*.

-Mike

<memset

With that logic, you would think that it is a miracle that any high performance car that comes from the factory with such rotors (Porsche, Ferrari, etc.) are lucky to ever come to a full stop.

The slots / holes allow the gasses generated when the brake pads burn up (re: natural wear) to vent which allows more even contact between pads and rotors.

Reply to
Tungsten

They're 10.5's for all models except Cobras. Jump to:

..to see all of the rotor sets they sell. I'm looking to upgrade my own brakes this winter, after I finish spending $4-grand for orthodontics and wisdom teeth removal in November. Ugh.

-JD

_________________________________ JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http://207.13.104.8/users/jdadams Please note: UCE is deleted at the ISP server level. Unless your address is on my 'accept list', your mail will never reach me. See my website for more information.

Reply to
JD Adams

at 14 Oct 2003, JD Adams [ snipped-for-privacy@Softcom.Net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ah! I was wondering about that. Thanks for clearing it up...

It'll probably be a project for next month, gotta get some cash if I am going to have to do the rotors as well. I priced the PowerSlots at liek $400 for both front & rear... :-(

Thanks!

Reply to
Paul