5.0 Smog pump

OK I'm a dumb ass. Now that that is clear, I have bought a smog pump elim=inator and during the install I tightented the bracket too much and broke the ear off. Can you tell me if I have to run the eliminator or can I just run a shorter fan belt? I am not opposed to getting a new bracket but if I can do without the entire thing I figured why not.

I have a stock 5.0.

DaveT

5.0 LX AOD
Reply to
Frogman

I don't run a bracket. I think my belt is 85 inches...maybe 86. I can't remember which.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Thanks Don