So I have a falcon engine, not a mustang

Do any of you know if it can still be dropped into a ford mustang? I need to get something running while I hunt for an actual mustang engine. Thank you all who replied, you are all very helpful. Jessica

Reply to
Jess

With the right parts it can. Sorry if that sounds superficial but you don't give much info...What year are you putting it into?...What did it come out of? (you said a '66 body - was it a Mustang?)..What parts came with it? (engine mounts, frame mounts, accessories, etc)...What does your Mustang have in it right now? or what did it have in it?

Using all that information and you'll likely answer your own question. (but keep asking the ones that might stump ya)

In the end, it probably will and half the fun about working on these cars is getting things to fit...did I say "fun"?

Hava goodun.

Reply to
Dinsdale

For V8s, the Falcon was available with 221, 260 and 289 in the small flange (5 bolt) bell housing and the 289 and (IIRC) the 302 in the 6 bolt version. The Mustang came (for a very short time) with the 260 and the 289 (both in 5 bolt housing style) and, later, with the 289 and 302 in the larger flange. The break between the large flange and small flange would have been circa

1965. AFAIK, all the small flange motors came with generators rather than alternators.

You need to worry more about which years rather than parent cars.

Reply to
Jim Warman