Stalling When Excelerate

I have 2005 v6 mustang, and when I let my fuel get below a half of a tank when I excelerate from a stop it acts like its going to die. I've taken it into the service department and they said its loosing fuel pressure but they didnt know how to fix it. They also said they would have to wait for ford to put a bulletin out telling them how to fix the problem. Is anyone else having this problem and if so what are you doing about it?

Reply to
tnowphillips

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1120253778.827550.169840 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

If it's like the in-tank fuel pumps for the last 20 years, you fix it by pulling the pump out of the tank and finding the crack or loose tubing between the pump and the pickup.

You been had... take it to another ford dealer and tell them if they fix it, you'll give 'em kudos on here.

Of course, I'm assuming they didnt take it out.. or look closely when they did.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

At the risk of being a jerk, the word is spelled "accelerate".

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

If your dealer can't fix cars, it's time for another dealer. You aren't visiting Universal Ford in Calgary, are you? They, apparently hate working on Fords and will call you a "foctard" (whatever that is). Find a tech that loves the business enough to stay in it for decades (this old fart turned 55 today... ben waiting a long time to say "double nickel") and enjoys fixing cars rather than calling people down....

Reply to
Jim Warman