Strange freon coming out under hood

Ok group this is a strange one for sure. This is a 1999 Mustang Convertible with a V-6. My friend just bought it and she said it made a funny smell and sound. I just got home from going for a ride with her and while we were driving w/ the a/c on all of a sudden it was like somebody vented a nitrous bottle on the starting line. Between the right fender and the hood freon came out for about 3-4 seconds about 6-8 inches high. Just lasted for a few seconds and then it quit. We stopped the car and I looked under the hood and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I will say that I smelled something just as soon as I saw the freon coming out between the gap. Any ideas what it might be and what I should do to fix it? I can be reached at snipped-for-privacy@bmi.net thanks, ben

Reply to
Ben Dixon

Freon ? you sure it is freon ? Sounds more like anti-freeze. What cap are you talking about ? The radiator cap ? Go get a new one at the car parts store. They are cheap and DO wear out over time.

Rein