Stuck drum...

I put new brakes and a wheel cylinder on my '83 GLX a year or so ago, and now it's time to replace the shoes and the left drum is welded on with rust.

With the adjustment backed all the way off, I have pounded it with a rubber hammer, carefully with a heavy jack, and have used a rust busting compound. It looks like it was welded on at the hub.

What's your favorite way of doing it?

voice from the past

Reply to
timagine

Use a wheel puller. Why would brakes need replaced after a year or so?

Reply to
BK24

We drive constantly, using it for work. We don't use it just to get the groceries.

voice from the past

Reply to
timagine

I've only ever seen one pair of rear brakes wear out on a Fox... and I've owned 13 of 'em. LOL

How many miles do you put on in a couple years?

JS

Reply to
JS

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Use a moderate to large BFH and strike sharply in a circular pattern between the studs and the axle.

Reply to
ironrod

Give it a rest. The election is over.

Unless someone can actually produce hard evidence which can be used in court to gain a conviction, whining is just a waste of good newsgroup time. Take it to a political newsgroup.

I d> Not at all. But when the religious fundamentalist extremists

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Spike wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

newsgroup

Actually, I think they lean towards the left. A horse is closer to a donkey than an elephant. ;)

Joe

Is the Hank who posted lame rubbish on New York Newsgrouips?? moron no one pays attention seriouslu, cheap talk, our country will do what it thinks is best to defend ourselcves, you can pack up you dirt and move out of USa if you dont like it here. Go to Somalia, my suggestion

Reply to
Mark Levitski