99 Cobra

found a 99 Cobra hardtop on a local ford dealership today. car is black, leather,all power 62,000 miles, body is straight and clean.. asking $13,900 for it, weird rear wing on it don't know if it's factory or aftermarket. Supposed to go test drive it Wednesday, thoughts on price? anything I should be on the look out for? things I should look at. ? suggestions.?

Reply to
Defiant

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:12:26 -0600, "Defiant" wrote something wonderfully witty:

leather,all power 62,000 miles, body is straight and clean.. asking $13,900 for it, weird rear wing on it don't know if it's factory or aftermarket.

on the look out for?

Watch out for the weird wings.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

$13,900 is a good price according to NADA. Kinda low to be at a dealer though. Beware!

John

Amen brother...:)

Defiant

Reply to
Defiant

I would ask for a carfax on it. That is an average price. Should be able to talk them down to 13 or below. Check autotrader. You will see them in the 11 range on there.

Reply to
BK24

That's depressing. About two and a half years ago I paid 17k for a '97 Cobra with 24k on the clock.... now it's probably worth about what you're saying a '99's worth.

JS

Reply to
JS

Reply to
Defiant

Might want to beware that first year IRS. Some folks do report problems. Good luck!

Defiant wrote:

Reply to
Rick Olive