Stupid street racers

The aftermath:

Speaking of which, I've noticed a lot of idiots in raised 4x4s trying to race me lately. What gives?

Reply to
ih8tspam2

There are no limits to stupidity in the land of the stupid.

LJH

95GT
Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

YEAH, its kinda funny, i see guys with big 4x4's with loud exhaust thinking there shit is fast... give me a break..

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Because Hank and his brother Billy Bob had some time off from hauling cow excrement around?

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

He needed a V8 up front. The guard rail wouldn't of gone though that. John

Reply to
jriegle

Yeah, instead of going through the block and down the middle of the car it might have grazed the block and gone through the driver's seat. :-/

Reply to
Garth Almgren

...or pushed the block through the drivers seat. From the looks of the pics, it doesn't look like anything was going to stop it. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

How do you know it isn't fast? Not so funny now.

Reply to
CigManXFls

Nah, If it struck anything hard, the rail would have folded up in font of the car, weakened and push to the side. The 4.6L V8 is a wide engine and acts as a nice shield. What usually happens is the motor defects the guard rail up through the windshield. I never seen one through a fire wall. Weak cars... John

Reply to
jriegle

Not much protection afforded by those itty bitty 4-cyl engines, huh?

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

What are you guys talking about? Is the engine suppose to protect you???

Are people driving 911s taking a big risk as they have no engine in front of them? I guess the Ford GT will be a death trap.

Reply to
Mark Gonzales

In some areas the car is suppose to be weak (crumple zones). I don't think we can assume anything like an engine can be a nice shield, though. And the guy did live.

Just like the girlfriend of this Mustang GT owner...

======== "I'm not so sure about that Gary. My girlfriend was in a terrible wreck last year involving a head on collision with a semi and trailer loaded with bricks. She was going around 55mph, and I would assume the truck was going about the same rate. She came out with only a gash on her knee and some bruises. She didn't even have her seatbelt on! Now, guess what she was driving? A 1997 Civic. Not much left of the car, but at least she was ok (for the most part)."

Scott

96 GT 9.425@74.24mph (1/8th) MAC cat-back BBK offroad h-pipe MAC cold air induction Steeda Tri-Ax shifter Synthetics" ========

I believe it's just the luck of the draw.

Reply to
Mark Gonzales