Supercharging the new 3V 4.6

Anyone have any real world experience supercharging this engine? There seem to be a couple of kits available and I was interested in getting some feedback about performance/quality of the various units.

Best regards,

Chris

Reply to
Ritz

why not spend the money on a v8 instead?

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Aaaaaand what do you think the 4.6 is? The modular "V8" that's been used in the Mustang for damn near 10 years maybe?

Stick with selling Jeeps and asking questions as you obviously don't know anything about Mustangs, well at least enough to ANSWER any questions about Mustangs.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Check the SAugust issue of MM&FF for info on supercharging the 2005 Mustang GT. Also think in the June or July issue as well. Martin

2002GT5spd 243 rwhp 285rwtq
Reply to
Martin

my apologies i mis-read your original post I thought it said v6

as far as jeeps go I do own a very nice dealership!

as far as mustangs go I have an 88 coupe with 58K miles currently doing all bolt ons... heads gt40 intakes etc etc...

I do know about the mod motors as well :) In fact If you are MR KNOW IT ALL on mod motors I need a little help! My friend added twin turbos to an 05 saleen. no internal motorwork done aftermarket....after 10 minutes of driving it goes into fail safe... he has burned nearly 20 chips... then changed the mass air & nothing ..it still fail safes... it is quick but only about 70% due to the failsafe... do you have any answers on how to manipulate the cpu?

Reply to
IsellJeeps

As far as the ECU is concerned forced induction is forced induction. I would get a computer or chip from Whipple, Vortex, or PAxton and try that. If that fails, it's time for a new programmable computer. There are some very nice replacements available on the aftermarket.

Or take it here

and let them tune it.

Reply to
.boB

As far as the ECU is concerned forced induction is forced induction. I would get

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Yea, take it to a SCT Dealer and have it correctly tuned =)

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Reply to
Stephan Rose

"IsellJeeps" wrote

I never claimed to be MR KNOW IT ALL, Just MR KNOWS MORE THAN YOU. :)

I've seen your previous posts about this issue. I don't own any vehicles that has a 'puter and I don't have forced induction on any of them, though I've owned a few turbo Saab 900's. I don't know your friends problem or I would help.

I've only owned one vehicle with a 4.6 in it and that was a Cougar XR-7 and it was NA. All I CAN say is I'd talk to the company that created the kit. They should have heard by now if there was an issue with the EEC and their kit. They should either support their kit or stop making it. If your friend doesn't get it figured out, I'd just return the kit and demand repayment, especially if the kitmaker can't figure it out.

Personally I'd run a Lysholm-style twin screw SC instead of Turbo since they've been done numerous times (including the factory) on the mod motors and with proven reliability.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Last two months, 5.0Mustang And SuperFord had write ups for both ATI and Kenne Bell. Coarse I'm biased towards ATI, but both are great.

Reply to
Gill

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:12:31 +0000, IsellJeeps rearranged some electrons to form:

The 4.6 is a V8.

Reply to
David M

Try these guys:

Mark Luton is a pretty sharp guy and definitely on the cutting edge of this subject.

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. 2001 Ranger XLT
Reply to
bluestang98

Thanks!