suspention help

Hello I was wondering if there would be conflicts if I installed Steeda camber plates,Eibach Pro-kit springs and Mach 1 Tokico Struts & Shocks. On a 1999 GT. Thinking about getting Bridgestone Potenza RE750 tires. Can someone let me know if this set up is recommended, or should i get other manufactores parts based on everyone's experiences. Thank you in advance.

Reply to
1louie

I can't comment on the other stuff but I feel the need to ask "why the camber plates?"..... I just need to see if what I get from them is what everyone else gets....

Reply to
Jim Warman

All should work fine together. If you don't lower the car more than an inch in the front then the camber caster plates might not be necessary. I do have them on mine but lowered the front 1.25" in the front.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

As to the spring/shock combo, they won't match very well.

The Eibach Pro-Kit springs utilize the following compression rates:

Coupe/GT: 460-570 200-250 Vert: 460-570 170-310

The Mach 1 OEM springs, for which the specially-matched Tokico's are designed for:

Coupe/GT: 600 linear 250 linear

The spring rates are vastly different; your Pro-Kit uses progressives, the Mach uses linears. Using the Mach struts/shocks with the Pro-Kit springs will give you an unduly harsh ride, IMO. Kidney belt recommended.

Most of the Pro-Kit's I've seen include matching shocks/struts. I would advise you to use matching shocks/struts if they are available to you.

The Potenza's are a great tire, however they're noisy at freeway speed.

You shouldn't need CC plates with Eibach Pro's. If needed, use a round metal file to slightly elongate the camber adjustment slots on the strut towers to dial in the proper alignment specs. You shouldn't need to take off more than

1/8" of material, and it will not weaken the assembly in any way. Highly recomended over installing CC plates.

-JD

----------------------------------------------------- Please note: I do not supply my Email address to the general public any longer due to UCE abuse. If I wish a reply from you, it will be included. I cannot accept ANY attachment whatsoever. Please do not send one. I accept mail only from those known to me. All other messages are automatically trashed without ever being viewed. Be SURE you are on my 'accept list', or your mail will never, ever reach me. I am a PGP user, and I prefer encrypted mail. I cannot read HTML Email gibberish - please send only text. If you don't know the difference, please learn. If you send mail that I deem offensive in any way, I will killfile you without notice - consider yourself warned. Have a nice day.

JD Adams

Like others say, no need for the camber plates. I used Steeds sport springs and there's no need for the caster camber plates. They are at maximum (or minimum?) camber right now, but that' works just fine. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein