Re: 95 GT Suspension questions

Well since JD Adams hasn't been around in awhile I'll take up for him.

Your best choice is the Bullitt suspension kit. It comes with a matched set of springs, struts/shocks, and sway bars. I got mine delivered to my door for $416 from Summit. Gene Evans Ford has the kit for a little less, but once I added their shipping Summit was cheaper for me. Just changing springs without doing the rest of the package can/will result in a harsh ride. I had the Motorsport springs in my 89 with stock struts/shocks and it was a terrible ride and the handling wasn't much improved either. I just put the Bullitt kit on this spring (after reading JD's praises) and its great. It handles much better than stock, and the ride is firm without being harsh. With the road conditions here in Michigan that's a darn good thing. If you don't have a 17" wheel and tire package you might want to consider that upgrade as well. The Bullitt kit drops an SN95 3/4-1" . Dropping a car much more than that brings a lot of suspension alignment issues that can require added parts like camber/caster plates and different ball joints to get the geomerty back in line.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Well thank you greatly for that info MadDAWG!

Reply to
AquaPlano

Yes there is. A 1.5" drop may be a bit extreme for what you want. At that level, you'll need to start worrying about things like bumpsteer, and proper alignment with caster/camber plates. The Bullitt kit from Ford may be right up your alley. It's about a 3/4" drop.

If you want to go this route, check out my link below. You will definately need to spend some money on good shocks & struts. I'm curious on why you need to replace the front control arms. Or do you mean control arm BUSHINGS? If this is the case, I'd recommend Global West solid bushings. Properly greased, they'll likely last the life of the car.

OK, by now I'm assuming you mean REAR control arms ;) If that's the case, I wouldn't bother with the uppers. They're a pain in the ass to change and they're actually placed well enough as it is. I went with lowers from Global West and am crazy about them. The rear end stays exactly where it should. No more of that snap oversteer. If you have the chance to go with solid bushings over urethane, I'd do that. Solids are commonly referred to as Del-A-Lum. Global West, Max Motorsports, and Steeda use these.

I'd recommend them, but it depends how far you go. I built my car knowing it would NOT be my daily driver. Yet it still could be (I'm taking it to Vegas tomorrow). If I were you, I'd go with a kit of matched components and seek the advice of a pro. The kits I'd recommend are--from mildest to wildest--

  1. Ford Bullitt kit. Slightly lowered, better shocks & springs.
  2. Maximum Motorsports starter kit.
  3. Global West setup like the one on my website. This compares well with the Steeda Stage III kit.

Reply to
Victor DiMichina

Thank you also Vic! That was all the information I needed and it seems from the majority I shall follow suit! I like the pics on your website BTW. The Subframe connectors look like they give enough clearance to have some side exit exhausts (without grounding out problems) which after hearing a friends system, I'm seriously contemplating in the long run with a Roush kit of course :) I'm dreaming for now!!!

Cheers again guys,

AquaPlano

Reply to
AquaPlano

I don't suppose you guys have a link at the summit site? I've looked there and can't find a link to the bullitt package!

Cheers,

AP.

Reply to
AquaPlano

Summit carries so much stuff that they just can't list it all. So what you need to do is use the manufactures part search, select Ford Racing and then type in M5400A in the part number field. Mine was back ordered so I'm not sure if they actually stock it, but I had mine before they said I would when I ordered it.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Thanks again MadDawg & Victor