Swoop & squat avoided

Coming home tonight, had some psycho bitch come flying out of her apartment parking lot without stopping. Then gets over three lanes, right in front of me, jams on her brakes to make a U turn at a cross over then heads the other way. It's obvious that the other driver was trying to induce an accident by the way she drove, as she had to really try and go way out of her way in order to get in front of me. This is the first real time panic test of the SSBC brake upgrade, without which I don't think I would've been able to avoid being in an accident that would have looked to be my fault. I'm reasonably sure I just got my moneys worth out of that little modification. Many thanks to SSBC and the late Charlie Bruno, of Charlie's Mustangs, who installed it for me.

Reply to
ironrod

Were you driving in Tucson? That's normal driving behavior here. Glad you avoided the wreck!

-------------------- Laurie S. Thunder Snake #7

Reply to
Laurie S.

Probably PMS. What kind of mustang do you have and what SSBC kit(s) are you using?

Reply to
Mark C.

SSBC = Super Small Block Chevy :)

Al

2003 Mustang

PS: It had to happen. Saw a red Mustang GT today with dual fart mufflers! Wonderful...

Reply to
Big Al

Aren't people amazing? Some risk their lives every day for the hope of an insurance settlement.

The discs w/4-piston calipers I swapped into my 67 have been the best performance enhancement yet. The brakes have given me incredible stopping power and modulation with very little fade. I don't need a power booster because of the efficiency. There have, by now, been dozens of times that I would have hit the idiot in question had I still been running the stock drums.

Reply to
Wound Up

Hey Mark!

PMS -- Puhlease.

Give me a frigging break. She was probably talking on her cell phone, doing her makeup, drinking coffee, yelling at the kids and giving her old man a hand job, while changing lanes.

For chrissake... if you are going to categorize, get it right will you!

Kate

"I hear what you're saying, and I don't think you're dumb, but that doesn't mean I like you." The Ransom of Red Chief

Reply to
SVTKate

See that all the time. People spend a ton of money to make their car faster and forget the brakes. My SVO Contour stops like it has retro rockets. All cars should be like that.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Yeah, 400+ under the hood, with 35-year-old wheel cylinders up front to stop you. Not smart.

I'd bet that Contour would squeeze the air out of you. And I've heard they handle like on rails. Too many cars are simply inadequate with their brakes. Ever since I raced Formula Fords, I have had a definite appreciation for good brakes.

Reply to
Wound Up

Then this will make you laugh. I also have a 2002 Cavalier. Tried a "Contour" stop in it one day and now the rotors are warped:) One panic stop, two dead rotors.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I use the SSBC rear disk upgrade in an 88GT, which is essentially an 87 Turbo Coupe rear brake setup. Up front I upgraded to 73mm front disk calipers from a Lincoln LSC.

modification.

Reply to
ironrod