The Bullitt's Back In '08!

The new body style in dark green, blacked out Torque Thrusts, pumped up motor and suspension, plus a rowdy exhaust... the '08 Bullitt is going to be a looker!

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

Cool. But I still would've wanted the fog lights.

And now down to business. How many will be built, and what will they cost? I hope we're not looking at another Shelby GT500 thing...

Reply to
Joe

innews: snipped-for-privacy@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

$40K is pretty darn good for a 500HP machine and they're still building them.

As for the Bullitt I would expect about the same as last time a little more than a the GT -- probably about $28K-$30K this time around.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Most people are paying $50,000+ the hardtop is MSRP'd at $42,000 the convertible is $47,000 with no options.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

"Ford is expected to build about 7,000 units of the Bullitt Mustang. It likely will be available only in Highland Green or black with an improved suspension, red brake calipers, upgraded audio system and sport seating. Details leaked on the Internet by Ford say the Bullitt Mustang will feature an FR Power Pack with an estimated output of 312 horsepower. The reworked grille loses the iconic pony emblem."

The "FR Power Pack" is worth only 12 horsepower?

And, frankly, without the pony emblem up front, not interested.

dwight

dwight

"dwight" wrote in news:oJOdnZiIjMJy3L7anZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Unfortunately, with the limited production run, I'd imagine it'll be the same deal as the GT500. Waiting list and thousands over sticker. Bummer.

Reply to
Joe

I doubt there will be waiting lists. In 2003, a Bullitt sat on my local dealer's lot for over two months. I think they move it via dealer transfer.

Ðavïd Greenville, NC
Reply to
Ðavïd

The 2005-2008 body style won't suffer the same fate as the 2003's. Have you noticed the big price drop in 2004 and older Mustangs? The 2003's just never had what the 2005+ have, best looking Mustangs in 35 years, maybe ever...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Lot time isn't really a reliable indicator of desirability, could be an indicator that the dealer is willing to wait for their price.

I've been watching a GT500 sit at an area dealer for over a year. He must figure someone's eventually going to write a check for the amount on the pretty red tag hanging on the mirror ($55,000).

-- John C. '03 Cobra (improved)

Reply to
John C.

The concept is quite similar to the LX, a stripped down appearance no frills GT, add to this the upgraded stereo, additional performance refinements, image, and exclusivity 7k units. Sure it wont be much more hp however it wont cost much more either. Also food for thought, with them still producing a California Special (unknown units), Shelby's 10k combined units, Bullitt

7k units, and the numerous others combined (Saleen, Roush, Regency, Foose, etc...) I wouldn't expect to much of a mark up on something like this.

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:29:45 GMT, "John C." wrote something wonderfully witty:

A lot of them do it for no other reason the a Showroom draw. If they had more then one with the pretty red sticker I'd think you were right, but pricing it at the point ensures it will sit on the showroom floor drawing lookers who might be talked into the next lower model, still marked up.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

Yip, I ended up looking at a $200,000 or something GT for kicks, the sales guy leeched on to me to show me a $75,000 Saleen, and then finally tried to SELL me on a new GT with the blower, etc, that would the same car as the Saleen for $50,000. They're not stupid you know.

BradandBrooks