The Frogs bark!

> Are you TRYING to give the rest of us web envy? > It's working....

Now that Steve gave us his idling Buick, I've finally been inspired enough to mike the Frogs, something I've been meaning to do for a long time.

Stereo track, but you'd better have a damn subwoofer for these, folks.

TFrog (1993 LX 5.0) sports Dynomax UltraFlows, now with "performance H-pipe" (what a joke) in a straight-back LX exhaust.

(about 45 seconds) CFrog (1993 GT 5.0) has the Dynomax SuperTurbos with the GT turndowns.
(also about 45 seconds) I played with the mix a long time before I got these. Even so, the bass rumble tended to overpower the system. You only get to hear them in my driveway, sorry.

I never get to hear the tailpipes, myself, since I'm always doing the driving. Now I have to figure out a way to duct-tape the mics to the back of the car while running the mixer off of the car's battery, so I can get that cruising rendition.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Hmmm, I think I hear a whiny power steering pump on TFrog. Here's my truck:

much subwoofer material from the camcorder though.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Good ear. Something for sure is whining under the hood. So far, I've replaced everything powered by the serpentine belt, some two or three times. I should be able to tell what that sound is by now...

Your truck sounds like a tenor - from above. That may be my problem - the mics were underneath and off to the side, where they were sure to pick up the bass.

(But, hey, I got stereo! Told my wife I was buying the recording equipment for the piano, but little did she know...)

dwight

Reply to
dwight

My ACS340 is getting up there in years, but the 6.5" sub can still still rattle pens off my desk. :)

"Classic Rock". Love it. Sounds good!

Reply to
Garth Almgren