The New Bullitt Is Revealed

Thumbs up or thumbs down? What's your thoughts?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

I like it. Nice clean look, no goofy tack-on boy racer doo-dads. A little more power than the GT is nice and 3:73 rear gear, _very_ nice.

I agree with the reviewer about the dash being a bit much, but I could live with it. I was under the impression it would be available in black, as well as the green. If so, it might be worth looking into**.

**If the dealers don't price it like gold-plated Unobtainium. :)
Reply to
John C.

Thumbs down. Just my opinion though. I really don't see the need to pay a premium for a car that is a tribute to a movie car.

I'll take my Mustang in a plain GT wrapper please. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

There are a few little touches that are nice but overall I say thumbs down too. All it has is 15 more hp which is really pathetic considering a tune can get twice that much from a regular GT. There look to be some other upgrades but my guess is the premium Ford/Dealers will charge won't be worth the cost.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

The difference being that Ford still has to warrant the car and tuners don't.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Ford doesn't design their engines that close to the edge. The 4.6L can reliably make 400 rwhp and regularly does with blower kits. An aftermarket tune doesn't necessarily void a warranty unless Ford can prove it was the cause of the problem. Tuners are much better at safely tuning modern vehicles that you might realize. They have access to all the vehicle sensors and put the car on a dyno and take AFR readings among others to insure the tune is safe. On a N/A car, an aftermarket tune rarely causes a breakdown.

I stand by my original statement. Ford should be ashamed for only giving the Bullit 15 more hp than a garden variety GT.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

It is not the engine I was thinking about. The ransmission, drive shaft and rear end might need to be beefed up to take 400 rwhp. My son managed to trash an entine drivetrain with just a six cylinder (first gear syncros, drive shaft, and rear gears). I can't imagine what he could do to the rest of the car with 400 hp.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

That sounds like just plain outright "intent to do harm" abuse. I abused my '89 5.0L but not in a way that would tear the car up. A new Mustang with 400 hp can be driven hard and for a long time as long as it is driven with some common sense and respect for its limits. A stock Toyota Camry can be torn apart by a careless driver.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Any car could be trashed by a driver intent on trashing it. I know a few people who general renders their car inoperable before they have finished paying for them. That isn't really relevant to the discussion of an otherwise stock mustang with 400 horsepower, and if it can handle it or not.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

If I were in the market for a Mustang with GT performance I might be tempted, since they have saved us "cleaner-is-better" devotees the trouble of removing some of those badges and whatnot. I like the not-shiny wheels, could do without the shiny faux gascap emblem.

Otherwise, if it comes in black ... possibleeee.

Reply to
Frank ess