The New Mustang Isn't "Retro"

There's been a lot of talk about the demise of "retro" styling, especially with the lackluster reception given the hotly promoted Ford Thunderbird. But it's anything but played out in favor of new styling fads, asserted a testy Mays. "I didn't know you had to have one or the other," he said, adding that "I was under the understanding that it would be a better place if people had more choice in the marketplace." As to the soon-to-arrive Mustang, Mays had some second thoughts about what to call it. Forget retro, he explained, noting, "We call it old school."

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick