Newsflash!! Pics of '06 Cobra?

Could this be a development mule for the '06 Cobra?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

That pic has been floating around the web for a week or so and it is most likely not a representation of what the '07 Cobra will look like. It is essentually an '05 GT with a large cowl hood, the Cobra will have a different front facia than the GT and most likely not the plain cowl hood the mule is wearing. Hopefully under that hood is a whipple supercharged version of a 4v 4.6 or even better, a supercharged 5.7 similar to what's in the new GT! FYI, the latest from Ford is the next SVT Cobra will be available late '06 as an '07 model, the Lightning will be available early '06 as an '06 model.

Reply to
WraithCobra

"WraithCobra" wrote

You can hope, but I don't see THAT happening. I'd bet the 5.4 or 5.0 cammer would be more likely.

Reply to
Scott Williams

Everything I've heard is saying the 5.4

Shannon

Reply to
Shannon Eiler

what is the GT rated at power wise? You know they won't out do their supercar with "just" a Mustang.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

AGHH 06 now ?!!! I sold my 93cobra hoping I could get an 05 cobra.. then read they werent coming until the 06 model year.. now the 07 ? whew I might just look for a used or new 04 then dave

dave

Oops, it was late, I meant to say 5.4....

Reply to
WraithCobra

I meant to say 5.4, it was late...

Reply to
WraithCobra

Preproduction numbers were 500 bhp and 500 torque but I believe Ford is now saying production horsepower is officially 550 which leaves plenty of room for a 450 - 500 hp Cobra.

Reply to
WraithCobra

There are still new '03 Cobras on lots and I have heard of deals like $28G

+TTT.
Reply to
WraithCobra

F***!!! That's UGLY!

Reply to
SVTKate

LOL!!! You kill me, Kate.

-Mike

<memset

Fiarway ford in Placentia CA (15 min from disneyland) has

*3* 2004 Cobras at $32,995 (wed. 4/14 LA Times pg G5)

-Joe

Reply to
Desert Lurker