Barracuda Rumored For Comeback

Back in February we heard that rumors were being spread at the Detroit
Auto Show about the Barracuda nameplate being brought back to replace
the Dodge Challenger. We also exclusively reported last summer that
later this year SRT will offer a factory supercharger option on the LX-
platform SRT8 models. Now it appears the two rumors are converging to
become something more.
According to a report on Allpar, not only is an SRT-branded Barracuda
going to replace the Dodge Challenger sometime around 2014-2015, but
it'll be be the first vehicle to sport a supercharged HEMI engine. The
engine in question is said to be a 6.2-liter V-8 instead of the new
6.4-liter V-8, which seems odd to us.
Our original report regarding the supercharged HEMIs in the SRT8
vehicles said the new option would appear late in 2012 for the 2013
model year. Our source told us the supercharged V-8s would put out
approximately 540-570 horsepower and would use a twin-screw
supercharger kit.
While the timing all seems murky at this point, both the resurrection
of the Barracuda and the option of supercharged HEMIs seems to keep
popping up in the rumor mill. This can only mean good things for
enthusiasts in the near future.
-----
I think this makes sense. They have to, at some point, take the
current Challenger somewhere. Why not stop production and start
building a Barracuda?
Patrick
Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84