TransAm Club

That's right. Cubes are unnecessary. Smaller the better.

I think you and Dan are posting from the same opium den today.

Reply to
CobraJet

Okay, don't EVER say that again. If you insist on using the word "sexy" to describe a car, please get your girlfriend to do it! Otherwise change that to "cool", "awesome" "wicked" or "bad-ass"...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

SEXAAAAHHHHHHHH

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Yeah.. I don't like the huge nostrils on the late-model Trans Ams... I would hafta agree w/ the up until 99 part.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

LOL.. too funny.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I did not say that. I said it's not necessary. 347s are running 6's, a big block is not a necessity to be competitavly fast.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Cubes are useful for any air pump. They are not, however, the sole requirement for power production. Whoever moves the most air, however they move it, will make more power. Displacement is an easy and cheap way but it's not the only way, nor even, in many cases, the most desireable way. If I wanted to go hang with NHRA pro teams, I'd get as big a pump as I possibly could to start with. For beating up on the local LS1s and taking on the typical street BB, my current combo is more than enough and isn't even close to being tapped yet.

And, imho, it just sounds better than any of 'em too :).

Reply to
Dan

"Big Al" wrote | | You're not supposed to be that far behind them. :) | | Al On with the flame deflector and rusty camshaft shield. | |

FOFLMAO!!!!!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I do, I think that they are very agressive looking. must be a bitch to wash and wax though.

Kate

| > Right up until 1999, I agree. Then they made them look comical to me: half | a | > dozen nostrils and fenders that look like they could hide a family of | > four...each. Kind of like a caricature of a body builder in automotive | form. | > The '69.5 will always be the only T/A for me. Followed by the '70-'72, | > especially the Formula's. | >

| > -- | > Dan | > 2003 Cobra convertible | > With some stuff and things | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

I have. Capped and uncapped. Street (well shows anyway), strip, and dyno. Cool at idle, ass loud under load. Loud is not sweet. Cool but not sweet.

Reply to
Dan

No SE or SS cars run with mufflers.

Few SE or SS cars at shows, none on the street, and good luck getting dyno figures out of those guys. You do know I'm talking about NHRA Stock Eliminator and Super Stock, right?

Cool but not "sweet". Uh, OK.

Strange how the Iggenator hasn't jumped in here considering we are talking about sound. I guess he just musta wanted to rattle me before. Failure is a tragic thing.

Reply to
CobraJet

Do you know what a rusty camshaft is, Kate?

Reply to
CobraJet

I liked 'em at first, but lord they are bugging the piss outta me now.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Hmm, I follow NMRA more, but, unless I've simply not paid attention, NHRA SE and SS are basically stock vehicles made race ready, with SS allowing more motor tweaks. They are "doorslammers" with full frames. They run in the high

10's for SE and 9's for SS. They pass through my local dyno shop occassionally and while I may not have heard an actual SE/SS car capped, I've heard at least a dozen vehicles powered by large displacement "stock" motors built exactly the same way and running the same times.

There are also several NMRA Wild Steet Mustangs out here that do 8's at our

7000+ DA. Those cars are driven on the street as well, even when they aren't on a qualifying drive.

Yep, and at our shows I've seen a few. Maybe they are retirees. Dunno, I never asked and since the rules seem to allow just about anything that ever rolled out of Detroit to run, it's hard to tell except for the big white letters on the windows :).

As for output numbers, I help operate a local dyno occasionally so I've seen first hand what they are capable of :).

Sorry, sound can be sweet. Pick the adjective describing a combination of mellow, beautiful, and desireable you'd like. Most of the SE and all the SS cars are loud with no character at any throttle point off idle. The NMRA WS cars at least retain much of the Ford small block character for a brouder throttle spectrum. I'll take a boosted 306 or 331 over a loud-ass, thumping, displacement behemoth in a heart beat. And beat most of them too :).

Reply to
Dan

No, but I bet your wife does LOL

Reply to
Iggy

My best guess would be a dickie that hasn't been dunked in a long while.... that's what I THOUGHT you meamt anyway!

| > FOFLMAO!!!!! | | Do you know what a rusty camshaft is, Kate? | >

| > Kate | >

| | -- | CobraJet | Thunder Snake #1

Reply to
SVTKate

Actually, no. A rusty cam is the AHPBBFM equivalent of the former RAMFM cluebat (and is our official weapon), a euphemsm for flaming the snot out of somebody. This was taken from the real life item that I sometimes carry behind the seat. Hitting someone with one causes multiple lacerations per strike, and the rust invites lockjaw and other problems. And it has better range than a knife. Works well, I can assure you.

This is my last post to RAMFM for a while. I'm going back to the snake pit. Take care.

Reply to
CobraJet

Behave yourself :)

Kate