Transport a car that's not worth transporting?

I would say it is time for this guy to ride the bus. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Oh dear God, where in Louisiana so I can avoid him at all costs....

Reply to
WindsorFox

Alexandria, LA

he lives one block off Jackson Street Extension, ..... the 4 lane all day bumper to bumper parking lot.

Reply to
theoldhaneyplace

Okay I never go that far. You know anything North of Alec is Yankee territory... :-P

Reply to
WindsorFox

Further....

The Boy "thinks" that it's just the battery. He bought a new one, but couldn't figure out how to remove the cables from the battery (?).

Bottom line, the car's been sitting in one spot for a year (probably will need new tires?), but we're going to drive up and see if ol' Dad can't figure out how to swap out the battery. IF the car runs, I'll drive it from New York to Philly, even if the tires have flat spots.

Once I get it here, it'll go right into the shop for a complete inspection.

There's hope.

I kept him on the phone tonight while I renewed his driver's license for PA, updated his new address down here, took out an insurance policy, and I still have to renew the vehicle registration tomorrow (once the insurance kicks in). So the only real issue will be that the car's inspection stickers have expired.

But any fine for driving a car with expired inspection stickers is FAR less than having the car picked up and delivered down here. And (knock wood) getting pulled over is not a certainty....

dwight (just bein' a dad)

Reply to
dwight

"Son, step away from the vehicle and put down those tools"

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Sure, but if ever there was any doubt that he's MY son...

:()

Reply to
dwight

Well, Dave, I'm not sure how Dwight handles his instances....

For my part, I have a 19 year old that has a mortgage payment... this, alone, makes all those times he told me he hated me worthwhile. There's a lot of things he could be spending that money on.... Not many of them are good.

I made sure that he can swing his own hammer..... Now, with his truck, I have the chance to give him some of his inheritance without the tax burden.... OMG, did I just admit to being mortal?

A lot of folks don't like the way I dispense advice... what makes anyone think I don't treat my own boy the same????

Politically correct ain't.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I can't believe you did that...