changing 2.3 to 5.0

how hard would this be to change motors and everything from donor car....i have a 93 2.3 with a perfect body and interior and just bought 90 5.0 with everything on it setup already...lowered suspension, 18 cobra R's, 5.0 rebuilt and modified along with automatic with shift kit and stall converter....both cars are automatic so that helps...any info would be appreciated.........

Michael Johnson

Yeah the auto transmissions are totally different and I *think* there are some suspension differences in the rear as well. I remember seeing a conversion a few years ago and it had kinks in the roof line on the passenger side. The owner said that it was because it was a 2.3 to

5.0 conversion and when he nailed it the rear end bottomed out so hard it bent the car. :-O
Reply to
WindsorFox

I wasn't joking when I suggested he consider swapping interiors and body panels. The more I think about it the more I think that approach has the least hassle.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

I would just buy another 5.0, they are cheap now. Why do all that work, and have the risk that something is left out. Swaybars need to change,

Reply to
Nomen Lapetos

Definitely. Swap body panels and interior parts would be easier than the drive train and computer. I also new a guy with a carbed 351 put in an original 2.3 car. Went to get a safety sticker and the guy plugged into the port. Whacks the reader, unplugs, plugs. Whacks the reader."hey, I'm not gettin nothin. HTH is that car even runnin?" owner: Huh, I dunno, maybe that's why the gas milage is so bad??

Reply to
WindsorFox

Because you can.

Reply to