TV Commercial

So you've seen the TV commercial that opens with the horse's eye, then the new Mustang "absorbs" the old one. Then it starts, revs up, and proceeds to burn up the parking lot except for the fact that it's all wet.

But what the heck is up with all that wheel hop?!? Is that how this car really behaves under hard acceleration? Whoa.

Joe

"Joe" wrote

Yes it is. I have a friend who got one of the first GT's available here in Colorado. He HATES it in hard acceleration. It flat out won't allow a burnout. It hops all over the damn place.

Reply to
Blue Mesteno

Before replacing my lower control arms, my rear tires bounced like a basketball on launch. Pretty funny that Ford goes out of their way to exploit this THREE times during that commercial.

Reply to
Hawgman

"Blue Mesteno" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Hell, that's about reason enough not to get one.

Reply to
Joe

"Hawgman" wrote in news:440df5a1$0$52039 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetmonster.com:

That's what I thought. And even on wet pavement no less.

Reply to
Joe

Luckily, as pointed out, a set of LCAs seemed to fix my wheel hop problem right up! If you go to my site you can see just how mushy the stock ones are... The problem was easily cured for a couple hundred bucks (less if you went with non-adjustables...)

pics of the stock arms and bushings here:

John S.

"John S." wrote in news:1141818128.667161.5700 @i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Yeah, I guess that this is one of those areas that Ford scrimped on in an attempt to keep the price down. Glad you found the solution, John.

Reply to
Joe