Any good speed shops in South Florida

I just picked up my '03 Cobra Vert. Love it!

The first thing I want to do is have a good set of frame connectors welded in. I'm going with the Global West Competition frame connectors unless someone knows of a better set. I had them in my '00 GT and was happy with them. I want this car to last a while.

Does anyone know of any good speed shops that do chasis work? I need a place that can weld them in correctly. I've seen too many places put cars up on a lift and just start welding. I wanta place that knows this needs to be done on a lift that lifts the car by the wheels to keep the chasis preloaded.

I live in Coral Springs which is just north of Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks, jim

Reply to
Jim H

Try a good body shop for the subframes... If you explain to them what you want, they can prolly do a better job of it than most.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
SVTKate

Probably one of the best around is Mustang Specialties at 1401 S. Dixie Hwy, Pompano Beach, FL 33060. Their phone is 954-942-5202 and ask for Tim. They do really good work no matter what it is and if they don't then they can sure tell you who can do it right. I used them exclusively until I moved to West Palm Beach. Nothing wrong with Global West frame connectors and I have Kenny Brown Extreme sub frames along with the rest of the phase 3 suspension install on my Fox.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

"Jim H" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.onlynews.com:

Steeda's right up the street in Pompano. They're pretty big now and they've gotten expensive, but you'll be happy and satisfied.

Joe

Isn't Dales place down there also, Pro Power I think the name is. He actually is the one that makes all the modular stroker kits, but I believe he has a retail shop also.

-- Admin

Admin

Admin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@horsepowered.com:

Dale?

Joe

Sorry Joe, trying to remember his name.

His company is called ModMax and he has another company called Pro Power Parts.

-- Admin

Admin

Cool, I'll have to check it out. Website?