Goodbye RAMFM

Well, that's it for me, I'm out of here. Was nice being here from the early days, but I will no longer be posting here. You can all thank Christian and his boss and CEO of 2playcorp for running off the last of the original RAMFM members.

Sincerely,

Bill S.

PS: Time to hold elections for a new coordinator.Only those people who direct post to this newsgroup can vote, anyone from Horsepowered.com is not allowed, as the news group is based on a news server for your ISP, and not from a privately run web site using the posts here to boost their popularity and thread counts. My suggestion is someone who has the knowledge and the wisdom to oversee this news group.

Reply to
Bill S.

I quit reading the threads after a couple of days so I am sorry if this has been discussed. Did something specific happen in the last day or so? It looked like things had died down. Hate to see you go - I have learned alot from reading posts that I was not even involved with. Claud

Bill S. wrote:

Reply to
Claud Spinks

Just checked my calendar, and it's not April. Can it be true? If so, I'm somewhat disappointed, Bill. Not like you.

Well, that leaves me out.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Is this the real Bill S.??

Cindy '96 GT Option 248A

Reply to
Cindy

Come on Bill... maybe just take a break from the NG & not leave for good. Take a little while off, but please come back. We all want you to post here & we all enjoy your posts. This NG wouldn't be the same if you did leave for good.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

It would be like a bologna sandwich with no bologna on it. It'll never be the same without the great Bill S. in here. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

---------------------------

Bill... come on man, there's no reason to leave here. Don't let some wise-ass punks get the best of you. I have to admit, I have not followed the horsepower.com conflict closely here and don't know exactly what's going on, but finally, one idea is that we all just IGNORE whatever the horsepower.com guys are doing. If they are stealing info from this newsgroup, that's uncool, but finally, why should that ultimately effect the group itself? Why should that make you want to leave the group? Gee, if none of us had ever heard of horsepower.com, everyone would be happy right now and there would be no problems here. I'm not saying that the horsepower.com guys should go on getting away with murder, but I don't think that whatever they are doing is worth having you leave the group. In my opinion, the group exists so we can all communicate in a positive way about our favorite cars, share tech info, etc... it is a very valuable thing really, and fun too. Bill, please remember what's most important... don't let this horsepower.com conflict get in the way of your automotive happiness and your pride regarding this great RAMFM newsgroup. It's all about cars... Bill, please come on back.

Reply to
GT-Vert-03
2 things..

1.) This has got to be one of the shortest posts I've ever read that you posted (LOL.. which isn't a bad thing that you like to post lengthy details)

2.) It isn't "murder" what was going on.. the only part that really is upsetting is Christians personal threats to Bill.

Either way though.. isn't a reason to leave. I hope you come back, Bill.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

For the record, we are not editing any posts. Check for yourself.

We dont sell ad space, check for yourself.

We're not interested in selling ad space, and have denied two requests already, I can forward the emails to anyone that wants proof.

Artificially inflating our numbers? I think not.

Our members here are mustang owners, blue oval boys through and through. I've stated a number of times, we're here to talk Mustangs.

We started with 1 member, and Bill mocked it. I even asked him and pointed out to him his comment, I said "Remember Bill, 3 members". 2 weeks later we are at 255 forum members, and 316 member page members.

571 members. Basically he ate his words, and you know what, big deal.

We do not hate Bill, we are here to merge to communication mediums into one.

There are those that are going to always hate us, and those that dont mind us, and those that sent us emails telling us that what we did was a great idea, and several from this NG.

At our present rate of growth, and not because of this NG, who will be larger within the next 3 months? Care to guess? We know who will be, and once again, WHO CARES.

So, if we become larger then this NG, and we most assuredly will, should we pack it up and leave while saying "They are to small for us..." ?

Kinda un-cool dont you think? Thats not our intention at all.

This is so ridiculous because were all blue oval here, and should be smackin bowties instead of each other.

My people are cool, and want to continue to interact with you all, I hope you will let them talk to you all. Soon the 515 will turn into

1000, and then 2500, and then 7000. I am not asking, it will happen.

Now on many occasions I have offered to bend, only to have things thrown back in my face. I offered to title this NG on our board whatever you all wanted, but no, that wasnt good enough.

Now, all the threats are over, and Bill has one option left: to leave? What gives?

For the record, one final time: we dont hate anyone in this NG. If you want us to help, or to title something to assist you, then say so, its that easy.

Those of you reading this that are mature, speak up. I know people will want to make a pop shot at us (or me) and thats ok. I will deal with maturity and professional individuals any time.

I sincerely hope that this threat "to leave" is not a last ditch effort to rally support or to stir the pot again.

Just let us know what you need me or my people to do.

-- Rev

Rev

And you know what, like I said take your pop shots. Bill threatened me first, I reciprocated. Its ok for Bill to jump on us, and threaten me, and I am not to do anything about it? I dont think so.

You hit me, I hit back.

I said we are here to talk mustangs, you dont want to reply, dont, others will. I assure you, others will. In time, more new users will replace the ones that dont want to reply, and this will level out.

Call us whatever name you want, wont make a difference. And so far, every time one of our forum members made a rude post in here, I deleted it. I will not allow our members to act unprofessionally, we definitely want a higher caliber of people on this site.

If your going to take shots at me, at least tell the truth. I have everything here to back what I say.

-- Rev

Rev

Do you mean when Bill threatened him with legal action, and then Christian threatened him back? If that was it, it was all blustering on both their parts....chest-thumping if you will.

I didn't notice any other type of threat in the (many) threads this horseshit took up....even if there were, I have to ask Bill if it was really worth it?

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

I think it was in a non-NG form (threats). Either way.. this whole thing is pretty stupid... on both ends.. but whatever. Back to real stuff... Mustangs

*WEG*.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

SRQEagan, THAT is exactly what happened.

I dont take well to being threatened legally, just like Bill doesnt.

But I am not going to sit around, and have people blame us for the NG dieing? Please. This NG will return to normal, and be on its way in under a week or two.

SRQEagan, we did nothing but try to join other mustang owners, and thats it. We want to contribute.

We are not capable of destroying any NG, we can only contribute to it. SRQEagan I give you my word, we are here to interact, regardless of what people say.

Judge us on our merits, when we have more activity going then this NG in the very near future and we are still here, you will believe us then.

-- Rev

Rev

...which is exactly why I'm sticking around. Screw Christian.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Agreed to the first part. Better than you have tried. As to the second, if you insist on contributing, then learn how newsgroups work.

Try to at least quote a little bit of the post to which you're responding.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Then there it should have stayed.

Either way.. this whole thing is

Couldn't agree more.....there is such a thing as taking life too seriously.

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

Dwight, I'm married, but I am flattered ;)

-- Rev

Rev

at 26 Nov 2003, dwight [ snipped-for-privacy@netxero.net] wrote in news:bq3k87$1u0mad$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-40295.news.uni-berlin.de:

I second that. The last set of horsepowered originating posts did not contribute much at all. For now I'm having my newsreader filter anything coming from horsepowered out. Dont't worry, this is for my my personal use and does not remove or edit any posts made by horsepowered members from any newsserver or board. They just do not get picked up by my newsreader. :-)

Reply to
Paul

at 26 Nov 2003, dwight [ snipped-for-privacy@netxero.net] wrote in news:bq3k87$1u0mad$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-40295.news.uni-berlin.de:

I second that. The last set of horsepowered originating posts did not contribute much at all. For now I'm having my newsreader filter out anything coming from horsepowered .

Don't worry, this is for my personal use and does not remove or edit any posts made by horsepowered members from any newsserver or board. They just do not get picked up by my newsreader. :-)

Reply to
Paul

Sorry. No idea what you're talking about. You neglected yet again to indicate which post you're responding to.

It seems such a simple concept, and you, being the obviously bright one that you are, should be able to pick it up in no time.

Don't be ashamed to ask for help.

dwight

Reply to
dwight