What Covers Your Ride?

Hi, all; I'm hoping to pick up a new (to me) Mustang later this week, and I want to keep it well covered in weather. While I do technically have a garage, it currently houses my project car, the lawnmower, the air compressor, the engine stand . . . you get the point. Future plans include building a shop for all my necessities, but in the interim, I need a *good* cover for the car. Something that can handle the Mississippi monsoons we're having so much of lately, up to and including the occasional hurricane. So with that in mind, can anyone recommend a high quality cover for my car? And please, no arguments about particle filtration, surface area or porosity; I don't think I could take it :-)

Thanks! Ray

Reply to
RayS

at 21 Jul 2003, RayS [NoChance@All] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I doubt any carcover less than a block garage would protect your car from a hurricane. Most carcovers do a godo job with sun and rain though. Luckily I have room in my garage but if she has to be outside, I have a Budgie carcover I bought at WallyWorld a while back for my previous vehicle that works well.

You can buy that 'bubble' which is like a balloon around your car with a higher airpressure inside. ;-)

Reply to
Paul

Ray - I'll second the NOAH recommendation. More expensive than most but worth the price. With that said, however, don't expect any cover to protect against intense wind blown debris. We've all seen pictures of hurricanes shooting a board through a tree trunk... my advise is borrow the neighbors garage during hurricane warnings.

Reply to
Sean