What kind of trade in value could I expect for my car?

OK, in the spring when the 05 verts come out, I want one. So, my question is, what kind of trade in could I expect to get for my current car?

I have an '04 GT vert. As of now, 8,000 miles on it (expect say

10-11,000 at time of trade in. It has the Mach 1000, and an auto trans. It is in excellent condition.

According to kbb.com, it says to expect 18,225 for it. Others have told me that the dealers would probably give less than that.

What should I reasonably expect to get? I am going to buy the new car from the same dealer if that would help me any.

Thanks

Reply to
The Billy

Depends on dealer :D

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

It really doesn't matter what KBB says.... any dealer can fudge the numbers six ways from Sunday. They WILL make a profit and that profit will allow them to stay in business. The first year of ownership bears the highest depreciation..... you WILL take a shit-kickin'.

If you deal with the salesperson that sold you the 04, you might have a sympathetic ear to help a little.

Personally, I think the little head is doing all the thinking for the big one - as Smokey once said "when the monkey took a whiz in the cash register..... the shopkeeper said "This is going to run into some money"". With a private sale, you may lose convenience but the financial gain is usually substantial....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Never heard that one before. It's a keeper.

Claud

Reply to
Claud Spinks