Re: Help, what to do?

Michael,

I'd personally wait for the '06 Cobra. The '03 Cobras has cylinder head issues apparently (silent recall). I don't really like buying cars new for that specific reason. I never know if something's wrong. I'm actually looking around for a 98 Cobra. I'm about to sell my 98 GT after I fix a few problems with it (old age).

-Mike

While at the local dealer checking on used Ranger 4x4's, I noticed they

have 2 Mach 1's and 5 Cobra's (3

coupe/2 verts) on the lot. I wanted to get a Cobra back in fall of '02,

but because of the telecom bust I

held off and was waiting for the '06. I just got the ok from my partner to

get an '03 Mach or Cobra if I

want, but in 2 years I wouldn't be allowed to trade up to the '06. The '00

GT just went over 20,000

miles, is in great shape, and I just put new tires on it. > > What would you do given the choice of an '03 Mach, '03 Cobra, or waiting

on the '06 Cobra? I might just

go to the dealer and see what kind of deal I can get. If anyone's

interested, the Mach 1's are Red or

Blue and the Cobra's are as follows; Black coupe w/spoiler, Silver coupe

and vert w/spoiler and upgraded

wheels, and Red coupe and vert w/spoiler and upgraded wheels. I didn't

know there was a wheel option for

the Cobras, the upgraded wheels are a dark gray split 5 spoke with SVT

centers. I'm interested in the

Silver coupe. > -- > > Mike King > Black 2000 Spring Feature GT > Steeda Tri-Ax and K&N > "Member Since 86" > > >
Reply to
memsetpc

a dark gray split 5 spoke with SVT centers.

Just figured out that these are the 10th Anniversary special editions.

Reply to
Michael Bolden-King

Mike, Just my .02 worth.. if you're looking for a Cobra in this body style, go for one with the 5.0 - 94-95

Tougher engine for serious mods.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top

| > What would you do given the choice of an '03 Mach, '03 Cobra, or waiting | on the '06 Cobra? I might just | > go to the dealer and see what kind of deal I can get. If anyone's | interested, the Mach 1's are Red or | > Blue and the Cobra's are as follows; Black coupe w/spoiler, Silver coupe | and vert w/spoiler and upgraded | > wheels, and Red coupe and vert w/spoiler and upgraded wheels. I didn't | know there was a wheel option for | > the Cobras, the upgraded wheels are a dark gray split 5 spoke with SVT | centers. I'm interested in the | > Silver coupe. | > -- | >

| > Mike King | > Black 2000 Spring Feature GT | > Steeda Tri-Ax and K&N | > "Member Since 86" | >

| | |

Reply to
SVTKate

A 1998 has old age problems? Sheesh. I'm just starting to fix old age problems on an '87. :)

Reply to
Steve B

Mike, congrats. Many here are jealous, even if they don't admit it. ;-)

I'd love an '03, but I can't justify the payments. My '97's doing just fine.... when the weak T-45 dies, it'll get a T-56 setup from an '03. When the DOHC finally goes (whenever that might be), I'll replace it with whatever's out there at the time.

Kate... your '98's "worn out?" A lil hard on Shug, aren't ya? ;-)

JS

Reply to
JS

KInd of like when someone asks "What kind of car do you drive?" I reply... "Aww.. nuthin special, just a beat up old Ford.."

*wink*

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Thanks, been wanting a Cobra for many years and a supercharged Mustang since back in '88. Now I need to save those pennies for a new Tri-Ax. My K&N is getting cleaned and installed in the next few days, it's 5 yrs old and this will be the 3rd Mustang it's resided in.

Reply to
Mike King

I couldn't justify the payments either but... I've always wanted a supercharged Mustang and a Cobra is the next best thing. Just kidding, I've wanted a Cobra for a long while now.

Reply to
Mike King

Filter"

In order to avoid the whole K&N filter vs paper filter thread all over again, I recommend going to a cold air induction system. Moroso makes a good, affordable one.

Reply to
Matt

Me too! Congrats Mike. Sam(uel) '95 GT not stock anymore

Modless Wonder #1)

Reply to
Marauder302