What type BG Demon

Want to get a BG Demon for my '71 M-code. My mechanic tells me to get the mechanical secondary instead of the vacuum job for a quicker response. The car is a daily driver although I jump on it now and then :) Any thoughts on a mechanical vs. vacuum secondary? There is a $110 price difference. $50 for the mechanical job plus $60 for the electric choke upgrade.

Reply to
goodnigh

Generally, for a daily driver, vacuum is the recommendation. Mechanical is recommended for controlling the precise opening time of the secondaries (exiting a corner in road racing or wheel spin control in drag racing). If you pick too big of a carb, with mechanicals you probably won't be happy with the performance, plus mileage will suffer, but vacuum can be adjusted to still perform reasonably well. IMO Use the $100 difference to get another vacuum secondary housing and a tuning kit, with just three screws and a c-clip you change the opening rate for the seasons. Rich

Reply to
ataylor142

Ok, thanks Rich.

mike