What will the Barret-Jackson Shelby 500 sell for?

I say about double the retail price, which I guess will be about $41k.

So I say it will sell for $82,000.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

So. . . No one is interested in the sale of the first 2007 Shelby 500?

Ok, make that $17,000 top bid. My bad.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

John I'm interested, but I'm just too poor to pay attention!

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

THE CAR WILL GO OUT WAY OVER PRICED

My guess is mid $150k's So much hype and promise and the reality will be dismal. I mean the had an '03 test bed mule gt coupe with a V-10 and my bet is that the Shelby comes out as a sticker package!!!There's already talk of delay on the introduction of the 5.4 SC motor so as to gauge demand. There is already a huge pile of aftermarket mods for these cars that are street proven. Ford could have its pick of brake/steering/suspension mods as well as wheel tire combo's that could make this car truly handle. Look at what's being done with turbo and SC kits. We are hearing numbers in the low to mid 500HP without building up the motor. A few guys at the track are pumping out HP numbers even higher. Ford has the chance to deliver a true super car for a price in the mid $50k's. Limit the availability, heck through in a driver course (ala hennesy) promote the shit out of it and drive sales of the rest of nameplate.

Reply to
walt peifer

That's the crap ford has been doing marketing wise. Keep cars like the GT500 low in number as some sort of instant collectable. They do it again my next car will probably come from a factory in Germany. I am not going to put up with the compromises (interior, chasis, fit and finish, etc that is unchanged from the base V6) of a mass produced 20K car when I am paying 50K+.

Reply to
Brent P

Told it to the sales droid at sessler when he gave me the it's going to b 50+K rutine...

I don't think there is any meaningful way to tell the ford marketing folks.

Reply to
Brent P

If anyone has some suggestions where we can make our statements to someone at Ford Motor Company, not their dealer network, Please do point us in the right direction...

Reply to
351CJ

Funny, I had an 02 with a KB supercharger putting out 350 hp.

Problem is, the engine blew. So I traded it in to buy an 05 vette.

I love my new vette, and I would have loved the mustang a lot more if the engine wasn't built by accountants.

I am really enjoying seeing the Barrett Jackson auction on SPEED this week. It's tedious at times, but a lot of fun, and I really look forward to seeing the first 07 Shelby 500 sold.

SOLD SOLD SOLD!

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

: I don't think there is any meaningful way to tell the ford marketing folks. : :

Well, you KNOW that was a waste of breath. It only costs 38 cents for a stamp you know.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Kate, Are you privy to a name and an address or other contact information to someone somewhere at Ford Motor Company who could actually make a difference if they had their ear bent by enough customers??? If you do have such information, please post that information here. many of us would love to share our thoughts with someone at Ford who might give a shit and may be able to do something about it. Because as far as I know that person does not exist...

Reply to
351CJ

39 cents. and like I said, I don't think there is any meaningful way to tell the ford marketing folks.

To get proper attention at a large corporation means knowing the full name, facility address, room number and whatever internal code to get the letter to the right place. If you have that information, please post it and I will send that letter.

Anything less specific could end up any old place and eventually the trash. Sending it to the president of the corporation means it will be read by a secretary and end up in the trash.

I've worked for a large US corporation, just to get my important mail I would have to track it down internally as it rarely found it's way to me in any timely manner on it's own.

Reply to
Brent P

: > : I don't think there is any meaningful way to tell the ford marketing : > folks. : > : : > : : >

: > Well, you KNOW that was a waste of breath. : > It only costs 38 cents for a stamp you know. : >

: > KJK : >

: >

: : Kate, : Are you privy to a name and an address or other contact information to : someone somewhere at Ford Motor Company who could actually make a difference : if they had their ear bent by enough customers??? If you do have such : information, please post that information here. many of us would love to : share our thoughts with someone at Ford who might give a shit and may be : able to do something about it. Because as far as I know that person does : not exist... :

Not personally, no BUT I may know who to ask On Monday, I will make some phone calls and see what I can come up with.

And Jim Warman may know, or know who to ask.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Thank You Kate.