what would you do...

I bought a FRPP ignition wire set off eBay. I paid for the item instantly when the auction ended, but the seller didn't ship it until

10 days later. I eventually got the wires and they were fine. But today I got a "gentle reminder" email from the seller to "please leave me positive feedback." I was planning to leave them no feedback at all. I'm not going to leave a negative because I fear a retaliatory negative.

Would you leave them a neutral or nothing at all?

John

Reply to
jmvannoy

Positive feedback and in the comments a gentle reminder that he could have shipped quicker but the product was as advertised.

Reply to
John

I would consider the "gentle reminder" on par with telemarketing.... I might consider a "is my product good?" to be a positive.... "make my mark a good one" is a distinct negative

The first one is a question regarding MY satisfaction.... the second one regards HIS satisfaction. If I sent him money, HE better be friggin' satisfied since I have kept up my part of the bargain....

FWIW, if he sold me sh*t, he hasn't kept up his part....

Reply to
Jim Warman

That's why there's those little pluses at the comments.

You leave positive feedback for the product 'as advertised' quality, the comment on the shipping and service.

Yes, he should have shipped sooner but ten days is not a really long time to ship, by the way. Depending on his traffic volume and the price.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Well first off the seller should have left feedback first, he shouild have left + feedback because you paid immediately and there was no rip off. If he did not then that's exactly why he did not, so he can retaliate when you mention what he knows he did wrong. BUT in this situation I would not leave negative feedback. If the ONLY problem was slow shipping, I would leave + feedback and mention the shipping was slow.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]