Where to get key made???

I was hoping Walmart could cut a key, but they say they cannot. ANyone know in the Philly area where one could get a key for a 2004 cut, so I can program it myself?

Thanks

The Billy

Reply to
The Billy

Your local Ford dealer... About $26.00 as I recall. I'm guessing you have the two original keys, so you can program the third.

Reply to
Mustang_66

call around to all the locksmith/key stores and see if they can do it?? if you dont want to pay the dealer price(not all dealers are going to gouge you), so try calling them also....

Reply to
jim

OK, they'll do it? I asked the guy today, as I am picking up the new car tomorrow how much a 3rd key would be, and he said "about $140"

The Billy

Reply to
The Billy

Tell em for $140 they can keep the car. Go else where where they will throw in the 3rd key for free.

Reply to
Dave Sibbett

We lost a complete set of keys to my 90 GT about 3 years ago. I had a lock smith come out and made 2 sets of 3 keys each for $150. Ignition, door and gas cap keys. I spent about an hour working on the first key and about a minute making the duplicates.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

;yes, but the 90 fords did not have the chip in the key.. thats the problem here.. with the late model cars you dont just cut a key, you also have to program a chip in the plastic part that goes on the key ring... its a whole new ball game now....

Reply to
jim

He does not have a clue or thinks he is going to be a hero for grossly over charging a valued Customer. A good locksmith can cut it for you, you can program it yourself since you will have the original two keys.

If you opt for it, just walk up to the parts counter at Ford and ask for a key, the $26 is about right. Forget about the jerk that is passing papers with you!

Happy Holidays and Enjoy!

Reply to
CarFan

Cost me $100, gulp..

Reply to
JimC

I didn't realize that you just picking up the new car... I had read about this key issue and asked the new car sales manager if he would "throw in" a

3rd key with the deal and he hooked me up with a key AND fob, at no cost... he also tossed in the plastic strut covers and a trunk organizer (piece of junk) too...

It never hurts to ask...

Reply to
Mustang_66

Sorry, didn't pick up on the year of the car.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

My husband lost the only key that I had to my 99 Ranger and we had it towed to the parts department of the dealer that we bought the mustang from and they cut two keys, programmed them, and an oil change for the mustang for

110.00. 140.00 for one key is bull. Try another dealer
Reply to
cjbartholomew

Reply to
MIKE