Tool to remove Aztek headrests ?

There is a special tool to remove the headrest in front seats... anyone know where to get one or make one? Our dealer cannot find one and we want to put seat covers on. ANY ideas? Thanks.

The Service manual for my 91 says you have to make a tool out of thin steel strap. Its about 1 -1/4" wide. The corners are cut off slightly on a 45 degree angle. Overall legnth is about 10 inches long. You then slide the tool down the top of the seat where the headrest post goes into and I guess it releases some tab inside the seat which allows you to remove the headrest.

Not sure if this is the procedure for your car. Advice might be gotten from an Upholstery shop that does work on car seats.

One piece of advice:

If you bought foam backed seat covers and put them over cloth seats, over time you'll be grinding the foam right into the cloth - then the seats will look worse than if you never covered them.

Good Luck.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,133 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face