why do classic mustang sites suck

question, how come all these mustang sites are NOT full of any useful info. I mean all we have is a bunch of sites that sells parts, others that only tell you some lame explaination of a some sort of "swap," and then some try to do some history, and all you get is the same generic history or misinformation that probably their next door neighbor heard a rumor about, an they are just passing it as truth.

The internet has been "on" for a while now, and so have mustang sites. By now you would think that there would be everything about classic stangs on here, but there isn't. There should be diagrams and all types of schematics of everything inside the mustang. there should be very detailed sites on how to do any type of restoration. there should be specs "up the Ying Yang", all from the common engine (289) specs to the specs on the motors of the convertibles...

okay I understand that everyone is busy, including me... I was starting my project and was going to document everything, but I can see why it slows you down... but a detailed summary of what you did that day or that week should still be good info. they don't even have that on some sites. I once saw this ambitious site (i believe it was mustangtv or mustang.tv) that was going to document a restoration but I haven't heard from them yet.

free information should be the motto for us enthusiasts, as much as possible, and not just the same thing everywhere you look, almost like if your walking down you local mall...

anyway, my question.... why type of connection does the 3 speed transmission on a 67 stang have that connects the shifter. the engine is a 200 six?

Reply to
Cee

I don't know much about Mustang transmitions, but I do have my trusty Chilton. There are only four sentances on 3-speed shift linkage, is that the information you need? If not please explain what you need and I'll see if I have it in my book. My book covers all 1965-63 mustangs, and is copywritted

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

It uses steel rods as shift linkages. Care to be any more vague? StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Build it.... and they will come.

Reply to
SVTKate

WRONG! Bad folklore...

Correct folklore... "Market the hell out of it" and they will come. Need proof ? Watch Budweiser! They are the so called "King of Beers" with a beer (in my opinion) that has no taste with so ever, but they are the # 1 seller.

LESSON # 1 - GREAT MARKETING IS THE KEY TO PRODUCT SUCCESS

Reply to
Gene Seach

I couldn't agree with you more, I have a 50 F1 pu, and 63 Ford Econoline, and a 53 Chevy pu and 70 4x4 shortbed pu, all these site have an overwhelming amount of usefull information and folks to help you out. Just go my wife a 68 mustang and there is not one good forum that is of any value. May be do to the fact that there is more repro stuff avialable for the mustang then for any other vehicle I have. the others need the groups to help in used parts availability. ed ke6bnl

Reply to
Ed ke6bnl

I couldn't agree more with you. I have found very little information of real use from any of them.

Reply to
Bill

"SVTKate"

Ok, what does this mean ??????

Reply to
Gene Seach

They don't suck..... That's just gravity, and it's just stronger in some places than in others.... LOL ; )

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

sticking my tongue out at you....??? not an invitation though LOL

Reply to
SVTKate