Will 15" V6 rims fit on a 2001 GT?

The subject pretty much says it all. I found a good deal on a set of 15" rims I'd like to buy for winter use with snow tires but am not sure if they will fit on my car. I know, it's the middle of summer, but you can never think too far ahead. Plus I'm tired of trying to drive the stock tires through snow. Way too dangerous.

Another quick question related to the first. If I upgrade to 3.73 gears in the future, will the car still be streetable in the winter if I have four good snow tires (205 65 R15) and a 100 pounds of salt in the trunk? Since my GT is my daily driver, I don't want to make a modification to it that will render it useless in the snow.

Thanks, Larry

Reply to
Larry Maniccia

Let's put it this way. Up to about 25 years ago most Detroit iron was rear wheel driven with gearing in the mid to high 3's (3:55 to 3:90). Just takes a light touch on the pedal when in the snow. I'd guess that the 15" rims will fit but tire diameter might be smaller making the speedo read higher than actual.

Reply to
Richard

If the 15" rims have the correct factory sized tires then the speedo will not be affected. The outside diameter of the factory 15, 16, & 17 inch tires are the same (or close enough). The fit problem will be the brake disk within the rim, and the GT brakes should not pose a problem.

Reply to
Mike King

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 02:47:03 GMT, "Larry Maniccia" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Get one and try it on. You just need to make sure it clears the brake.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

at 09 Jul 2003, Larry Maniccia [ snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net] wrote in news:Hs4Pa.7326$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com:

They should. The only caveat is the size of your brake disks. You'l probably end up getting one and checking fitment to make sure.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Paul