When did the Convertible return

Can anybody tell me when the Mustang Convertible was put t back in production. By that I mean what year? I know the Feds made ALL manufactures stop making them for a short while but I do not know when?

Thanks to all

Bill

Reply to
billrk

Bill,

The feds had nothing to do with the lack of convertible production..........As for when the Mustang officially came back in a convertible form, that would be 1983. However, several companies have been offerinf conversions since 1979.................

Bill S.

billrk wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

There were also supposedly a couple of Mustang II convertibles... there was a thread about that a while back. Officially, though, yes, in 1983 the convertible was offered again. Most of the 1983 cars were the GLX V6, with the GTs not starting convertible production until very late in the 1983 model year. A convertible 1983 GT is relatively rare.

JS

Reply to
JS