Windshield question

Hi Folks, I have a '69 Mach 1 that needs a new windshield. I noticed online two different part numbers for fastbacks and coupe/convertibles. What's the difference so I make sure I got the right one? The autoglass shop I'm buying it from seems to think they're the same. TIA

Reply to
Mark C.

Usually they're listed as coupe, convertible, and sedan. I've never heard it listed as fastback or sportsroof, which would make WAY more sense, duh! They are definitely NOT the same and the Sportsroof windshield ONLY fits the Sportsroof. No other windshield will fit. I had the windshield replaced on my '69 Sportsroof and IIRC, the part used was actually listed as "sedan". If the glass shop you're buying from thinks it's all the same, then go somewhere else. The Sportsroof glass is not as tall and has more slope than the coupe or convertible glass.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Call some of the Mustang parts vendors (most have 1-800 numbers) and some of them list the parts using the original Ford Motor Co part numbers.

I would suggest:

which does actual restoration work, not just sell parts.

There are a couple of others that actually do physical resto work, but I don't have names handy, but someone else may....

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike