03 Windshield Frame On 97 TJ

Hi all

I am thinking of buying a 97 TJ that needs a new windshield frame. Before buying I looked into the price of a new one - here in AB, Canada, the dealer wants $1600 for the frame ($1100 Jobber).

A scrapyard has one from an 03 ... The dealer says there are different part numbers for 97 and 03.

Any insight folks - will the 03 frame fit the 97?

(I have seen aftermarket frames that claim to fit 97 to 06)

Thanx in advance

Blair

Reply to
Blair W