WTB: 75-78 Mustang II Ghia V8

Heh,

I dunno why I want one of these again, but I have been itching to get my hands one another one. I would like a nice dent-free, non-hatchback with no friggin' vinyl top. A little rust is fine. Nice interior would be nice, but I have extra seats. I would like a V8 in it, but it doesn't have to run, just as long as it can roll. I have plenty of small blocks around I could use. I just want a nice looking project car. Anybody got one cheap?

PS- I would take a 2.3 4-banger if the price is right (I can get a nice 88 turbocoupe 2.3), but I really don't want a V6. Again, it doesn't have to run.

I am in central Ohio. Any ideas?

CoogarXR

1983 351w Project
Reply to
CoogarXR

CoogarXR opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m24.aol.com:

My FIRST idea is that IIRC, Ghia had vinyl top by definition.

My second idea is ME TOO!

My THIRD idea is "radius/flare them wheel wells" and it will be SHARP!

Can I see it when you find one? So I can live my dream vicariously...

I work in Cols and can find my way out east toward Nerk if the incentive's right.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Heh,

I have seen a few here and there with no vinyl top, but I suppose they could have been removed and repainted. Those are fun little cars, either ya love 'em or hate 'em. Most hate 'em, but that doesn't explain why they go for $3000+ sometimes... Heh, I got to thinking, a 4-cyl turbo might end up being more fun and a cheaper project than the V8... Hmmm.. I can get a whole (wrecked) 88 turbocoupe for probably $400. It might handle nicer too. HMMMM!!!

Anyway, If I find one, I will post pics. I had a nice rust-free 78 from texas with a dead 2.3, but a friend traded me a 83 ranger with a 289 for it. Hey, I was young and silly ( I was thinking, a truck that runs for a car that doesn't, ok! )! He put a HO302 in it, and rubs it in my face all the time (that I should have kept it).

CoogarXR

1983 351w Project
Reply to
CoogarXR

I think the coolest thing on the planet would be to find a nice mint one, totally original, WITH vinyl top, cheesy hubcaps, skinny tires etc... and just leave it as is... expect drop a KILLER engine into it... drop in the biggest V8 that will fit.... and run dual QUIET mufflers, etc... now that would be WAY fun to drive around, blowing the doors off all kinds of goofy-looking wannabee hotrods, etc... that's how I would do it. The biggest problem with this idea is traction, because in order to keep the car looking truly stock and slow, you can't have beefy shoes on the ground... hopefully you could find some really sticky but fairly skinny tires that would look stock enough. I always wanted to build a sleeper like this... there's nothing cooler. Even if you could get it to run a flat 14 second et, you'd be able to do some mass humiliation assault on the street. I think if I was toasted by a 1975 Mustang, especially a stock one with a vinyl top and hubcaps, I'd be so humiliated and upset that I might never drive again... would have to get a bicycle.

Reply to
GT-Vert-03

"GT-Vert-03" wrote in a message:

How about an early Pinto with a 4 cyl & a huge turbo? There's a guy from down around Maryland somewhere, that comes up to our track from time to time, and has put many a big block Chevy's on the trailer. That little beast has run a best of 8.88 in the 1/4 mile. I've heard from people from one of the tracks down in Maryland, that when he pulls in to the pits, the big block guys say: "There's that damn Pinto!"

Reply to
GEB

Sounds like a GREAT project!

Reply to