10th anniversary turbo?

I need some help from someone out there who can verify this story.

Apparently in 1980 Datsun had an incentive for buyers of the new 10th anniversary 280zx with an automatic transmission. These buyers were entered into a drawing and 3 winners were chosen. The winners had their cars sent to a Datsun Factory to have turbo factory installed and then the car was returned to them. Does anyone out there know anything about this? If you bought a 10th anniversary automatic in

1980 do you remember being entered into this drawing? Does anyone currently own one of these vehicles? Is this story totally bogus? Help!!!

If you don't mind, please send e-mail directly to me. I'm posting on every website, message board I can find so I probably won't be able to check them all for replies - at least not on a regular basis.

Reply to
Lisa

Sounds bogus to me. If anything they would have done this dealer installed or done before it was shipped. Retrofitting a turbo is a BIG job, the engine/trans/electronics etc etc are all different.

Reply to
Steve T

I found this link while surfing. Seems to me if such a thing existed, it would be featured here:

Reply to
The Whole Shebang

Regarding the query about the alleged raffle for the turbo 280ZX 10th Anniv Ed., and my last, failed post -- I tried to cut and paste a link. I'm on my laptop and I don't have my usual newsreader handy so I'm using Outlook. Yeesh. Here's that link:

Joni Mueller Webmaster/Recording Secretary The Z Club of Houston

The Whole Shebang

Interesting, thanx!

Reply to
Steve T