350Z in Europe. How much for the deposit ?

Hello, I've just ordered my 350Z in France. The dealer asked for a 10% deposit, which makes 3500 Euros for the baseline model (35.500 Euros with metal painting and cruise control) He first told me that a 1000 Euros deposit was enough, but changed his mind when I decided not to order the Pack model (38.900 Euros with full options), but the baseline model. He said that the 1000 Euros deposit was enough for the Pack model because he was forced by Nissan to take one model for his showroom. But ordering another model would force him to order it specifically and he has to follow Nissan Europe rules so that the order can be confirmed, ie a

10% deposit. What do you think of this situation ? I find it difficult because the car is to be delivered only in April 2004 (not available before that date). I understand better why Nissan improved its financial situation now !!!
Reply to
invalid unparseable

£2000 in UK. I don't believe UK dealers have to take one as they are supposed to be available to deposit paid order only.
Reply to
Peter Hill

That bad? They haven't even started shipping them to Europe yet! UK deliveries start October 2003. All cars allocated to UK in 2003 are sold and orders are being taken for 2004 with a £2000 deposit, prices start at £24K so at least they haven't done the usual currency conversion of a Pound to the Dollar. WAIT? The press hacks had given up waiting for what is now a one year old car. It's old news, why should they bother testing it? Taken a big dislike to car sales without test drives, so they panned it. ZZZzzzzzzz.

Reply to
Peter Hill

ISFAIK Just Z and Ford Focus RS - buy both unseen. Just have sycophantic road tests in magazines to go on. Who do you sue when it doesn't do what they say?

Lots of stuff, especially electronics appears to be priced in the US and UK at exactly the same price - $299.99 in the US or £299.99 UK pounds in the UK!

Reply to
Peter Hill

Not quite dude. If we're paying 299.99 US dollars and he's paying

299.99 in UK pounds (sorry but my American keyboard doesn't have a pound key), then he's paying the equivalent of about 450 US dollars.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

yup, duh, must be the dyslectic in me.